Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Access Website from the internet

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by rmothers, Jun 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rmothers

I am trying to access the management console from the internet. I have done all the port forwarding at least i think. I have forwarded port 80 and no other. I get the redirect to mainform.wgx but then nothing. in the lower left hand corner i get "error on page" which is
    Line: 31
    Char: 1
    Error: Object expected
    Code: 0
    URL: Http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/management/mainform.wgx

Are there any other ports that need to be open.

Thanks again for all your help.

2. Discovery Technology

You would only need to port forward port 80 to get a successfull connection to the management console, then simply enter in the /management at the end. I have tested it and it works. You probably have an issue with your firewall NAT setup - what are you using, just out of curiosity?

In saying that, it would generally be a bad idea as you could be opening up your PBX to the world, so you should be using a good password at least! Also, make sure you lockdown IIS or your system could be badly exposed.

Ultimately you're probably better off enabling VPN access instead and managing it that way.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. netdynamic

weird 'cause mine uses port 5481 but i cant get that to work from the outside either

4. sipero123

Hi,

Are you using an external IP or domain if you are trying to access from outside your lan.

For example if you 3CX pbx has a local ip 192.168.1.100 then you cannot access this outside your lan unless you use VPN or port forwarding of port 80 or 5481 and use your external IP

In the UK most Broadband providers give you a dynamic IP address which will mean your external IP address might change several times everyday so you might want to use dynadns service or similar.

To access your Management control panel from outside your local lan you would use one of these dpending whether you are using IIS or Cassini

http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/management/

http:/xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:5481/management/

Where xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx is your external IP address. To find out your external IP just access this web site from your 3CX server http://www.aboutmyip.com There are many other sites that will give this information as well.

If you forward IIS or Cassini to a different port than the default 80 or 5481 you will afford more protection from any attack from the internet.

Jonathan Hamon

5. aarevalo

Try Firefox, I had the same problem with a computer and when I used firefox it worked. Can't remember what I did to fix it back to IE tough

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.