Accessing Voice Mail for other extensions

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by ziptalk, Sep 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ziptalk

ziptalk New Member

I want to be able to dial my Voice Mail Extension and log in as another extension to check their Voice Mail.

I can achieve this by creating an external DID inbound rule to the internal Voice mail extension, but can I do this from a regular handset ?

Thanks, Lewis

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. tpinnovations

tpinnovations Member

I don't think you can do this yet because you'd need their pin.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I had asked much the same in the requested features forum. If you call into an extension, go to voice-mail and get the outgoing message how do you get to a point where it asks you to input your PIN so that you can retrieve messages? When I try any digit, I get music, and that's it, no response beyond that point. I had been told to just start imputing my PIN, but that doesn't work. In many other systems you put in a # or * and at which point the outgoing message stops and you are challenged for your PIN.

4. ziptalk

ziptalk New Member

Hi Leejor, I found the Feature Request and voted on it. Agree it seems to be a simple feature that many PBX vendors have implemented and users have gotten used to. Thanks for the response. Let's hope 3CX have this on their 'to-do' list :)

5. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I had done some more testing to see if i can retrieve messages when calling into and being answered by my own voice-mail. When I push any key I'm sent off to the extension that I designated as the default "operator" and while it's ringing i get music. Even a simple answering machine has a way to cut through the outgoing message to get to the option to play your messages.

6. ziptalk

ziptalk New Member

I wonder whether you set the default operator to your voice mail extension, so when you press *, instead of going to the default operator, it takes you to the Voice Mail, and from there you can login to retrieve mail ? Just a random thought - it might just work ? :idea:

7. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I will try changing that to something else, it's just that there is one "operator" setting for the whole system so if everyone were trying to dial in from outside to retrieve their messages you couldn't have them all going off to one extensions mailbox.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.