Accidentally overridden 3cx cloud server

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Josh Lindsay, Mar 20, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Josh Lindsay

Hi there,

My current SIP provider said they can't deliver SIP to a remote server (my cloud hosted 3cx server) so I thought I'd install a local version of the server to see if that worked (spoiler alert: It didn't). I downloaded a backup from my cloud app and restored my local app. This seems to be where I've gone wrong.

Any ideas how I can get back into my cloud app?

2. eddv123

eddv123 Active Member

Hi Josh,

Please confirm: Are you saying you took a PBX backup from the cloud and installed it locally ?

If that is the case then please confirm what it was you saved in the backup, as you have options:
    https://www.3cx.com/docs/manual/backup-restore-failover/

If you saved "Include License Key Information & FQDN" then I can imagine you will experience issues.

3. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @Josh Lindsay

Adding to what eddv123 mentioned, when you are restoring a backup to a different machine it is always best to not include licence and FQDN details in your backup.
    Furthermore you need to make sure that you do not run 2 servers with the same licence and FQDN.
    The DNS will switch to the new server but will switch back to the original one once a re-registration happens. This will keep happening until your key locks up and you will need to contact your reseller or our sales department.
    Having said that you have not mentioned what issue you are facing with the installation so we can offer very little help.

4. Josh Lindsay

Hi guys,

Thanks for the replies. I managed to get it back running by installing a few times then exporting without the FQDN and Licence but then had to change the FQDN as the earlier one wasn't resolving. All sussed now just took a while.

My initial query was how do I get access back to the 3CX hosted Google Cloud Instance but I ended up having to spin up my own Google Cloud Instance.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.