Account codes

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by GerryA, Mar 31, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GerryA

Hi,

This is my first time looking at the 3CX product and I am impressed so far with the functionality provided but I am wondering about on feature that many of my customers use that seems to be missing are at least I can't find it in the documentation as yet and that is Account Codes(Verified or Non-verified) for calls.

Most of my customers require billing of calls made to be assigned to specific customers and to achieve this on for example a Mitel PBX we use account codes that show up in the call logs associated with the calls. This allow the call management software to correctly bill the cost of the calls to the correct customer. The other benefit to this feature is to limit access to international calls or whatever type of call you wish to limit general access to.

Am I correct in saying that this feature is not available?

Regards,
    Gerry

2. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

"pin" codes are available to restrict outbound calls... but it is ALL OUTBOUND CALLS - not just international.
    As far as Account Codes go - I do not recall anything for that functionality. Although it would be a great sell.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. GerryA

The beauty of this feature on the Mitel systems is that you do not have to manage the "Non-Verified" account codes on the PBX so the caller can actually enter any code they wish. This allows for the accounting team to carry out their function without the need for any PBX programming to be completed. Obviously it also leaves the opportunity for false codes being entered but that is easily resolved as the extension number is also recorded. If this could be added to the feature set I could easily replace many of my Mitel sales with this PBX.

Gerry

4. craigreilly

Certainly something I think many could sell.
    I know many people do not like to but post to the ideas platform at 3cx.com/ideas. It is atleast a start. Because a licensed reseller of 3cx and then you should be able to email 3cx directly about these issues.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. 12494

12494 Member

3CX does have a provision to enter a Billing Code at the time a call is placed.

I believe this is exactly what you are looking for.

Allen

6. craigreilly

Ahh... It was one of those days...

To enter a billing code for the call. First dial the number followed by ** followed by the billing code. E.g. if the number to be dialled is 956322 and the billing code is 562, then the full number to be dialled is 956322**562

7. 12494

12494 Member

And to expand upon the billing codes - the usefulness of these is - they can be displayed and/or aggregated in the 3CX Reporting module.

Allen

8. GerryA

Thanks for the clarification guys, one final question, can you set the length requirements of these codes? I am assuming that these are non-verified codes as in there is no need to enter the codes into a table in the PBX before they are usable am I correct?

Gerry

9. 12494

12494 Member

It is my understanding that there is no checking of this code at all. There may be some maximum length buried in the program somewhere but I would just think of this item as anything goes. In other words - you won't be able to require exactly 3 digits or to take the digits entered and pass them against a table of good codes. If someone enters a typo - then you've got the typo.

Allen

10. GerryA

Thanks again Allen, useful information.

11. ulrichr

Hi Guys,

I've started working on the 3CX and I'm really impressed with it.

I just have a question regarding the Account Codes.

On other PBX systems I've worked on it has a feature "walking toll restriction". So what this does is, all phones are blocked from making outgoing calls, but each user has an account code. They can then go to any phone, insert their account code and make a call, this call is then linked to their name and when pulling reports all calls made from their account code is displayed under their name, doesn't matter from which phone they phoned from.

Does the 3CX have something like this?

Ulrich

12. 12494

12494 Member

3CX has PIN PROTECT. It is extension specific. So my PIN will work from my EXTENSION. Outgoing calls will require a code and the PIN before permitting dialing.

Allen

13. ulrichr

Hi Allen,

Thank you for your reply.

My only problem with this is that it is extension specific. Some of my clients want the functionality to be able to phone from any extension with their pin code and then they want to be able to view this on the report under their name, doesn't matter where the specific user has phoned from.

ulrich

14. ulrichr

So my requirement is:

I must be able to use my pin code on any handset / extension and must then be billed under my pin code accordingly.

Ulrich

15. Frank D

Frank D New Member

16. ulrichr

Hi Frank,

Thank you for your reply.

Problem with hotdesking is that there are users at each phone. So I will just go to someone quickly for a question but then need to make a call from that person's phone. So now I will need to log that person out, log myself in and there after do the same thing again, which you can imagine will not work time wise.

I need a roaming pin I can use on any phone / extension linked to my billing account.

Kind Regards

Ulrich

17. Deepest

3cx already has the billing code feature built in they just need to add an option on the outbound rules that will only dial if you have a billing code present before the number. Going further they could also add a check list so it would only dial if your billing code matches a configurable list.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.