Account Configuration - Comcast

Discussion in 'Windows' started by BO2012, Sep 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BO2012

After a great deal research, I just can't seem to figure out how to configure my 3CX account with my Comcast VOIP service. I would like to utilize 3CX on both my Windows 7 PC and Android Mobile Device. I'm confident my issues are related to entering the incorrect information since auto-provisioning will not work with either device as well.

I'd be incredibly grateful for any step by step advice any of you could recommend.

Best,
    BO2012

2. jpillow

jpillow Well-Known Member

Even though Comcast is VoIP they deliver the lines as analog, so you will need a analog gateway to convert that analagog signal to a SIP signal.

http://www.3cx.com/blog/support

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. BO2012

JP, Thanks for your response.

Perhaps you could be more specific?

1) Are all Comcast VOIP lines Analog? Does this vary at all by region and/or consumer equipment?

2) If so, what kind of gateway are we talking about? Any examples/suggestions?

3) Is there a URL link where one can find illustrations of step-by-step settings for Comcast and other VOIP providers?

Thanks in advance,
    BO2012

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Cable providers (or many ISP's that also provide VoIP), such as Comcast usually provide the gateways, giving the user analogue lines at their home or business. In this manner they retain QOS. You would have to confirm, with Comcast, that they even allow you to "bring your own device".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.