• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Account Configuration - Comcast

Status
Not open for further replies.

BO2012

Reaction score
After a great deal research, I just can't seem to figure out how to configure my 3CX account with my Comcast VOIP service. I would like to utilize 3CX on both my Windows 7 PC and Android Mobile Device. I'm confident my issues are related to entering the incorrect information since auto-provisioning will not work with either device as well.

I'd be incredibly grateful for any step by step advice any of you could recommend.

Best,
BO2012

Even though Comcast is VoIP they deliver the lines as analog, so you will need a analog gateway to convert that analagog signal to a SIP signal.

http://www.3cx.com/blog/support

JP, Thanks for your response.

Perhaps you could be more specific?

1) Are all Comcast VOIP lines Analog? Does this vary at all by region and/or consumer equipment?

2) If so, what kind of gateway are we talking about? Any examples/suggestions?

3) Is there a URL link where one can find illustrations of step-by-step settings for Comcast and other VOIP providers?

Thanks in advance,
BO2012

Cable providers (or many ISP's that also provide VoIP), such as Comcast usually provide the gateways, giving the user analogue lines at their home or business. In this manner they retain QOS. You would have to confirm, with Comcast, that they even allow you to "bring your own device".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norb.p
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.