Accounting Codes

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Anonymous, Mar 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

We are looking at deploying 3CX to a financial services client... Currently they use accounting codes to log calls that are billed to clients and I am wondering if there is a way to implement this with 3CX? I did think of creating an Outbound Rule to mimic the code, but I still can't figure out how to get a report of calls / duration. This is the only sticking point for a 3 site system so any hints / advice greatly appreciated.

Regards

Andy

2. aguilar

aguilar New Member

Hello Andy
    how does the client determine wich call goes to log calls that are billed to clients and how many codes they have?

regards

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hi Alejandro

Thanks for responding - the users have a list that directs them on when to use accounting codes. As to the number - it varies based on the number of clients they have at any one time (that they bill in this manner). I'll assume betweren 10 and 50 but it could be more.

Regards

Andy

4. aguilar

aguilar New Member

Hi again Andy
    in complement with your original idea maybe you can create a range of extensions to transfer the call to, in this way you will be able to get the information by extension.

regards

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Alejandro

I am not sure I understand - it has been one of those days!!! The users will make calls to various numbers on bahalf of a client. They used to enter accounting codes to record the calls to these different numbers. Will what you are suggesting allow this?

Regards

Andy

6. aguilar

aguilar New Member

Andy
    i assume that the operator who gets the call will transfer to the corresponing extension (when he determines that call will be charged), after that he will pickup the call and record or whatever, does it make sense?

regards

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Alejandro

I see where you are going now :)

In this case, we're after a way to record calls they MAKE to various numbers on behalf of the clients.... This is what I am stumbling on.

Andy

8. aguilar

aguilar New Member

Andy
    in the last version you are able to record the call but i am not familiar with this, look at the manual guess there is no much info
    hope you reach the objetive

regards

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Alejandro

Sorry - I did not mean record the call content - I meant record (in a log somewhere!) that the call was made, the number, duration and accounting code associated with it.

Regards

Andy

10. aguilar

aguilar New Member

if you see in report/call log the respective extension you the info needed also can export it as CSV , thats why i told to send to specific extension and get just the customer calls

regards

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Alejandro

This is the solution!!! So, I can export to CSV, see the extension that made the calls and also the numbers dialed. All I need to do is then parse the number dialed to remove the actual phone number and that will leave me with the accounting code... With the accounting code and the duration of the call I have what my client needs. Now to find a way to automate the process.

I really appreciate your assistance.

Andy

12. aguilar

aguilar New Member

Andy
    i am glad to hear this and you are always welcome

cheers

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.