• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Accounting Codes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anonymous

We are looking at deploying 3CX to a financial services client... Currently they use accounting codes to log calls that are billed to clients and I am wondering if there is a way to implement this with 3CX? I did think of creating an Outbound Rule to mimic the code, but I still can't figure out how to get a report of calls / duration. This is the only sticking point for a 3 site system so any hints / advice greatly appreciated.

Regards

Andy

Hello Andy
how does the client determine wich call goes to log calls that are billed to clients and how many codes they have?

regards

Hi Alejandro

Thanks for responding - the users have a list that directs them on when to use accounting codes. As to the number - it varies based on the number of clients they have at any one time (that they bill in this manner). I'll assume betweren 10 and 50 but it could be more.

Regards

Andy

Hi again Andy
in complement with your original idea maybe you can create a range of extensions to transfer the call to, in this way you will be able to get the information by extension.

regards

Alejandro

I am not sure I understand - it has been one of those days!!! The users will make calls to various numbers on bahalf of a client. They used to enter accounting codes to record the calls to these different numbers. Will what you are suggesting allow this?

Regards

Andy

Andy
i assume that the operator who gets the call will transfer to the corresponing extension (when he determines that call will be charged), after that he will pickup the call and record or whatever, does it make sense?

regards

Alejandro

I see where you are going now :)

In this case, we're after a way to record calls they MAKE to various numbers on behalf of the clients.... This is what I am stumbling on.

Andy

Andy
in the last version you are able to record the call but i am not familiar with this, look at the manual guess there is no much info
hope you reach the objetive

regards

Alejandro

Sorry - I did not mean record the call content - I meant record (in a log somewhere!) that the call was made, the number, duration and accounting code associated with it.

Regards

Andy

if you see in report/call log the respective extension you the info needed also can export it as CSV , thats why i told to send to specific extension and get just the customer calls

regards

Alejandro

This is the solution!!! So, I can export to CSV, see the extension that made the calls and also the numbers dialed. All I need to do is then parse the number dialed to remove the actual phone number and that will leave me with the accounting code... With the accounting code and the duration of the call I have what my client needs. Now to find a way to automate the process.

I really appreciate your assistance.

Andy

Andy
i am glad to hear this and you are always welcome

cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gamingpro2131
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.