Acrobits Softphone no audio on external

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by open7, May 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. open7

I have Acrobits Softphone on my iPhone and it works fine if I have a profile created for connecting as an extension internally in the network. If I try create a profile for an External extension setting up the STUN server, it connects to the PBX, but there is no audio. The codec is Ulaw and I have tried both PBX delivers audio and does not deliver audio. Any ideas?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. LeonidasG

LeonidasG Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

You cannot use a Stun Server while connected Internally to your Local Network.

From what i understand, when you enable the Stun server on a Phone with a Sip Client installed, automatically ALL TRAFIC is redirected to your External / Public IP. So there's the cause of you having no Audio.

Try connecting Remotely to your Network, that should work for you.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. open7

You misunderstand. I cannot connect remotely using the STUN server, or I mean that I can connect but get no audio. Connecting locally without the Stun of course, works fine.

4. open7

Update. I guess that you can now say that what I have is One Way Audio. I tested the phone external and I can not hear anything from the softphone, but I can hear from the other side of the call. I have checked the RTP ports on the firewall and they are enabled to forward to the server the same as I have set them in the softphone (9000-9050).

5. SY

SY Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

Schema:
    phone1 <-internet-> PBX <-localnetwork-> phone2

Please specife what is the phone1, what is phone2 and which of them doesn't hear audio

Thanks

6. open7

phone1 is iPhone running Acrobits and it does not hear audio when it is external. phone3 is any phone on the PSTN and I can hear the audio on phone3 when phone1 makes the call, but phone1 cannot hear audio.

my Schema:

phone1 <-internet-> <-Firewall/router-><-local network-> <-PBX Server->phone2
    phone3 _|

phone1 is the softphone connected via STUN
    phone2 is any extension within the local network
    phone3 is any phone on the PSTN

Attached Files:

• log.txt
      File size:
      25.8 KB
      Views:
  7. SY

SY Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

Don,

If so then extend your schema from:
    phone1 <-internet-> <-Firewall/router-><-local network-> <-PBX Server->...
    to:
    phone1 <-Firewall/router-><-internet-> <-Firewall/router-><-local network-> <-PBX Server->...

and start to search problem in added (selected) part using log you attached.

Related topic is (link to my post):
    http://www.3cx.com/forums/cannot-hear-audio-inbound-14708.html#p76927

If you post logs of third party software then please post corresponding 3CX phonesystem log.
    It will make situation much more clear.

Thanks

8. open7

There is no firewall in front of the phone1. It is on a public wifi network.

9. SY

SY Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

I believe you, but log.txt which was attached to your previous post says:
    Thanks in advance :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.