Activating Digital Receptionist

Discussion in 'Windows' started by MFAninja, Apr 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MFAninja

I am very new to this and i am trying to turn on my digital receptionist but i am having problems. I have all the prompts setup and i have the correct receptionist selected in the inbound rule settings along with the connect to digital receptionist selected. Every time i call in to test it the phone just rings like normal .

when i check the activity log i get this

30-Apr-2016 13:04:22.869 [CM503003]: Call(C:178): Call to <sip:101@*******************> has failed; Cause: 487 Request Terminated/INVITE from *********************

can someone help me? Thanks

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

So 101 is the virtual extension assigned to the DR?

Are you trying it from another extension, or just through an outside trunk?

3. MFAninja

just trying from my cell phone. i am not sure what the DR is but the extension 101 is the main phone.

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

When you create the DR, you assign it a virtual extension number. You can dial that number from another extension to test out routing/features, or route incoming calls to that virtual extension number. If you already have an extension that is numbered 101, then you can't have a DR with the same number.

5. MFAninja

:) i am not exactly sure what your talking about realy but here are some screen shots let me know if you need a different one to see what my problem is.

http://imgur.com/a/onO1L

6. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

In your case, the virtual extension number of the DR is 801. You should be able to dial that from any extension to test. If that works, but outside calls don't, then it may something to do with how you are routing the incoming calls.

You have it set-up as a DID. Perhaps there is not a match in the parameters.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.