• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Active call issues with Yealink hardphones

Status
Not open for further replies.

3CXusername

Free User
Reaction score
I imagine this to happen on any Yealink phone but we primarily use T46G.

While on a call using a Yealink T46G DSSkeys #6 and above are available to use and "interfere" with the current call.

Examples:
1. Press any DSS presence buttons (*30, *31, *32) will change the callee's presence (not caller) and the call is disconnected. 3CX Bug?
2. Press any speed dials will send callee to speed dial.

Is there anyway to "hide or disable" the DSSkey functions on Yealink while on call? Or does anyone have any workarounds to prevent this?

3CX v12 SP6.1
T46G FW v28.71.0.224

thanks.

On my T46...
My Key 5 is a Multicast page and it puts the call on hold.
My key 4 is a *32 Speed Dial - and the end caller gets brief music, then announcement "User Unavailable", then disconnect. It does not change presence. Not sure what type of button you have it set to here.

This is an issue for Yealink and not 3cx.

Craig,

Thanks for the response.

I am speak of active call situations and our T46 DSSkeys 6 and above. Our default presence states:

Change a Profile Status
Available - *30 (our DSSkey 6)
Away - *31 (our DSSkey 7)
Out of Office - *32 (our DSSkey 8)

3CX is involved because during a call pressing any of those keys will change the callee's (not callers) presence. A training issue yes, but something that someone can do malicious/inadvertently.

Feedback from Yealink is there is no way to "hide/disable" DSSkey from active calls.

thanks.

Here is a possible workaround. I don't think you can change the DSS keys, but you can change the softkey pattern based on activity. Instead of using DSS to change status make a custom softkey pattern for this that only shows when the phone is idle.

3cxusername,
I tested in active call situation too and had same results as I mentioned in my post.
You keep mentioning Key 6 and above. It just happens, mine are on lower keys with same issue.

This is not a 3cx issue - they can't prevent you from "starting another call" basically, if that is your desire...

Would you maliciously put your phone on DND (*32) anyhow?

It really is just a training issue. Tell them not to press those keys while on a call. ;)

It has never been an issue for me.

I just tested the web based xml file that I use for user availability, it will bring up the screen but until you select the status it won't try to make the call to update the status (*31).

It's an option if you want to try it, nice part is it only takes up one button.

It brings up a menu

1) Set Status to Available
2) Set Status to Away
3) Set Status to Out of Office
4) Set status to Available2
5) Set status to Out of Office2

I just tested the web based xml file that I use for user availability, it will bring up the screen but until you select the status it won't try to make the call to update the status (*31).

It's an option if you want to try it, nice part is it only takes up one button.

It brings up a menu

1) Set Status to Available
2) Set Status to Away
3) Set Status to Out of Office
4) Set status to Available2
5) Set status to Out of Office2

jasit

Thanks for the suggestion. Funny you mention that XML, I've been toying with that as well.

Also Yealink suggested:

"transfer.dsskey_deal_type= from 2 (Blind Transfer - default) to 0 (New Call)"

This seems to work for us at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Steffen Ekerdt
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.