Active Call Stuck; cm_barge_in

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Jared, Aug 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jared

The only other thread mentioning something similar is http://www.3cx.com/forums/3cx-newbie-3cx-extension-is-on-a-call-with-cm-barge-in-37341.html

This doesn't seem to be causing any issues, but I won't truly be sure until I assess the damage at the end of the day (staying late for 3CX again). We are on the latest version/service pack.

When listening to calls, occasionally users get stuck in the call. They can still use their phones, but their extension will be listed in Active Calls as connected to "(Barge In)" "Barge In[]", or "cm_barge_in" depending on where you look (Mac, Windows, Management Site, in that order).

The call cannot be dropped. On Mac it says "Cannot (null)", nothing happens on Windows, and the Management Site says "An Exception Occurred ExtStatus Error:"

So far, two users are affected. One uses only the Windows Softphone, the other uses a Mac Softphone, Cisco Phone, and Windows Softphone. I've tried resetting the phones/devices locally, as well as disabling the extensions entirely, but the call remains Active.

Not gonna go resetting services willy nilly, as I haven't found any documentation as to which service controls what, and we can't afford to have the phones down for even a few minutes. If anyone has any insight, that'd be helpful. If not, I'll hit up each service one by one tonight after hours and let you guys know the result so you can add it to your personal knowledgebases.

2. Deepest

Hi There

Just to add i have also noticed this behaviour on some systems with call pick up *20* and also barge in.
    Have not found a solution other than restarting all services.

Cheers

3. Jared

Apologies, but I ran out of time to troubleshoot yesterday night. I restarted all services and the ghost calls died off. If it happens again, I'll try to make time to do each service one by one to determine which controls this area of 3CX.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.