Ad-Hoc Conference call from 3cx Windows Client

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by josea, Nov 16, 2017.

Ad-Hoc Conference call from 3cx Windows Client 5 5 11votes
5/5, 11 votes

1. josea

In the latest version of the client (15.5.6354.2) you removed the possiblity to create ad-hoc conference calls *from the client*.

It used to be that you pressed the "conference" button when in a call and that created the conference and took you to the "conference" tab where you could easily add more participants.

Now to create a conference it *must* be added to the calendar, and participants must call in (ie: they can't be added). This is a hassle.

You basically removed the possiblity to do ad-hoc conferences. Please add it back.

creative3 and rgrunert like this.
  2. Lev

Lev New Member

never remove features without asking.... *slap*

creative3 and josea like this.
  3. mtech1

This is not true. Click conference, click line 2, dial next party, click conference to join together

4. AndreyP

Ok, the next step will be hiring receptionist for switching the lines because overcomplicated things overkilled simple and useful ones?

5. josea

Thanks for the clarification. I can live with it - I wish 3CX's support had told me this when I contacted them about the change.

6. sofiane

Yes never remove features without asking!!!

7. mtech1

I learned this from another forum post! I can’t take full credit!

8. creative3

Why do you keep adding new functions whilst complicating or removing core functions that we used to sell the system on?

9. creative3

its not the same, the ability to dial in multiple parties by number is critical. What you should have done is made it so the conference can be put on hold whilst the additional parties are added.

10. Renjith

Roll back the changes made the the conference, the dial-out part and the area where we can manage the participants at any point time was a boon. Cannot explain the changes to all and ask them to follow how it is now.. The current one doesn't server the purpose... Roll back ASAP....

11. SteveT44

Agreed, add adhoc conferencing back. Maybe a multiple extension select function in the web client (with option to add outside numbers). Removing this killer feature was plain stupid.