• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Add a pause before Digital Receptionist Pickup the phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bozway

Reaction score
Hi all:

I'm forwarding my Google Voice phone calls to Digital Receptionist(I want that number as a musk), but everybody probably know that Google Voice checks if a call is being pickup too quick(It will ask enter a number to pickup the phone). But if you don't pick up the phone too quick, let's say add 2 seconds delay before the phone goes through. Then it won't ask to verified the number.

I searched around Google, and found that some people could add a 2 second delay to their PBX. I wonder if I could do the same thing in 3CX.... If anybody could tell me how to do that, it would me really appreciated.

Thanks.

Re: Add a pause before Digital Receptionist Pickup the phone

Most users don't want a delay when handling incoming calls. PSTN gateways will introduce a short one when waiting for the caller ID to be delivered, depending on the CID system in use.

You may have to send the call to an extension first, that is allowed to ring for a few seconds before being forwarded onto the DR. If it is a "Dummy" extension (one that has been created in 3CX but has no physical set), then it may not work as there is no set registered and, in theory, no delay would be introduced, but, you could experiment. You might get just enough of a delay to work for you.

leejor said:
Most users don't want a delay when handling incoming calls. PSTN gateways will introduce a short one when waiting for the caller ID to be delivered, depending on the CID system in use.

You may have to send the call to an extension first, that is allowed to ring for a few seconds before being forwarded onto the DR. If it is a "Dummy" extension (one that has been created in 3CX but has no physical set), then it may not work as there is no set registered and, in theory, no delay would be introduced, but, you could experiment. You might get just enough of a delay to work for you.

So in 3CX, I couldn't use advance setting to add a delay before DR pickup the phone? That sounds interesting, cause I would assume pause/delay would be added for other purpose as well.

But thanks for the tip, I'll try to add a forwarding from another extension... Maybe I have to add 2 up a front because I need 2 second delay...

bozway said:
So in 3CX, I couldn't use advance setting to add a delay before DR pickup the phone? That sounds interesting, cause I would assume pause/delay would be added for other purpose as well.

I've only set-up a couple of DR's, and only glanced over the options again the other day, So if you came across something in the Advanced Settings that you think might work for you...go for it. If it doesn't do the job, change it back and try something else.

Turn off the Call Screening in GV.

ian.watts said:
Turn off the Call Screening in GV.
I did, but it still checks if you pick up the phone call too quick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.