Add a text note (on sip trunk, extension, IVR, Queue, etc)

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by AlexanderHanna, Nov 2, 2015.

1. AlexanderHanna

Extension Note Field

It would be great to have a field that one can make notes on each extension. This field can easily be added under the "Other" tab. This will be helpful in allowing one to make important notes about how an extension is setup and the reason it is setup this way.

2. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

Re: Extension Note Field

Perhaps extend this to Queues, Ring Groups, DID's, etc.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Lawrenceb

Description field for inbound rules

When the number of inbound DDI numbers that you are managing gets around about 100 it would be useful to be able to assign free-text descriptions to them so that administrators can give DDIs labels to make it clear what they are used for - i.e. easily be able to distinguish DDIs which are currently free and not assigned to a user/queue

4. telin

I just figured that sometimes it is difficult to keep track of different changes you make on the system.
    Especially, when there is a lot of extensions/rules/ring groups and other things set up.

I am thinking if simple text field "Note" could be added to some of the selections.
    There is huge potential use of this feature for an administrator or a tech, especially, when a huge team manages the server.
    HTML type editing, maybe?

I believe that these fields would largely benefit from this:
    Extensions
    Group of extensions
    Sip trunks
    Port
    Inbound/Outbound rules
    IVRs
    Ring Groups
    Call Queues
    Bridges

5. PaulD

Agree. Will 'upvote' but see this thread too .....

http://www.3cx.com/forums/notes-section-43719.html

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. telin

Oh...
    Upvoted this one as well.
    Let's see, if any of them get approved.

Cannot find a way to delete the thread.

7. PaulD

Re: Description field for inbound rules

Yep, I support this, we have 800 DIDs ...... in fact it would be useful to have this on all entities - extensions, ring groups, queues. Trivial programming cost and server load but would add huge flexibility for large users, especially if is was multi-line. There are other threads on this subject but not much enthusiasm I fear ......

Upvoting ....