Add codec options into bulk import feature...

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by 1701, Jun 13, 2017.

Add codec options into bulk import feature... 5 5 4votes
5/5, 4 votes

1. 1701

Although bulk importing of extensions is currently supported, the current .CSV does not include phone codec and priority as an option. Therefore, once you import the .CSV you must manually edit each extension to add the appropriate codecs. Currently (v15) there is not an option to edit multiple phones at a time, like you can do with the 3CX Client, which makes editing and importing hundreds of phones at a time very time consuming.

Please consider adding this feature, as it will save lots of time when making bulk changes.

Thank you.

2. jbryant84

jbryant84 New Member

Incredibly irritating.

3. simply7

I see this kind of died out, but you do know you can just edit the provisioning files and set the codec priority right? This has worked fine for me on v14 and v15 with Snom and Cisco SPA 5xx series phones.

4. 1701

Sure, you could do that. But why couldn't it be included in the bulk import? Imagine how frustrating it would be if the bulk import for extensions didn't accept the extension e-mail address,so you had to manually update each extension? I would prefer that the templates that are built on the fly for the phone configurations pull the data from the phone fields, not the other way around...That being said, your solution is a decent work around.