• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

ADD-COM headsets problem with 3CXPhone

Status
Not open for further replies.

igor.snezhko

Reaction score
I had faced several times with problem that ADD-COM headset not working with 3CXPhone.

The problem is Microphone unavailability at 3CXPhone.

I use Performance Plus II ADD800 headset with ADDQD-05 USB Cord.

The problem exist both on Windows XP and 7 and at 3CXPhone only. Skype works perfect.

This is strange incapability with 3CXPhone, so we cannot offer it to our clients.

Please. check the issue http://www.addcom.com

Good day.
I confirm the problem of compatibility between the 3CX and headsets ADDCOM Performance Plus II Mon NC is connected via the USB adapter Cord - QD to USB.
After a long work ceases to work the microphone on the headset.
Please help to understand this problem, it has a negative effect on work with clients.
I apologize for my English.
Thank You.

Can you guys check event viewer to see whether there is some event raised?

Do you need any drivers for this device? Does windows recognize this immediately?

I cannot really understand these problems - because 3CX Phone does nothing special with audio hardware. It just asks windows "Give me all audio devices you have" and windows gives it to the phone. Then user selects his / her preference. 3CX Phone simply routes audio through that device.

Do they have some configuration software by any chance?

No, Nicky. This is a magic!

Windows recognizing device as USB audio device. But after some time a microphone get stuck!

This happens ONLY with 3CXPhone and ONLY with ADD-COMM USB adapter. We not use any other driver and software :shock:

nickybrg said:
Do they have some configuration software by any chance?
how can we make the log file, that would understand the problem?

This happens ONLY with 3CXPhone and ONLY with ADD-COMM USB adapter. We not use any other driver and software

Then these 2 are not compatible.

contact add-com at this stage - see if they can reproduce. Maybe they can give us an insight of what is wrong.

I am engaged in, to invite ADD-COM to the forum. Yet the answer to them is not received.

Send them a support request. it is better - they should have a support department correct?

and make reference to this forum post.

OK.
we already wrote in АДДКОМ about our problem and was invited to the post of this forum.

description of the problem. Headset ADD-COM 880 is connected to the computer through a cord QD USB. Connection "plug and play" and is recognized as the "audio device". Everything is simple. But testing shows, if you hold the phone connection more than 1.5 hours, the headset is lost microphone and the client will not hear the operator. Solves the problem of rebooting the 3CX and reconnect the headset. At this moment, when the microphone does not work, I tried to switch to another softphone and there the microphone works!. As already said Igor, such problems with other softphone no. The result, after a long work on the 3CX stops working microphone. And this occurs somewhere in the program softphone 3CX.

So you are saying that during a conversation of 1.5 hours connected to a 3CX Phone, the microphone is lost?

OK this is what I wanted to hear - we will check this and let you know.

Do you have another headset and leave the phone connected for 1.5 hours? See if it happens with that as well?

I did this on the headset Plantronics USB addapter DA-45, but stopped working microphone only once.

Hi

My name is Soorali and I am a part of the Addcom Engineering Team.

Our USB device is a standard 'plug and play' device which does not need any additional drivers to be installed. It registers with the PC as a standard USB audio device.

We have had no such problems with any other Softphones in the market.

With regards to this particular problem, the Headset seems to register correctly when connected. It also works for 'n' hours without any issues on Skype installed on the same PC. This leads me to believe that the Headset is doing its job. Is it possible that the 3Cx phone momentarily loses its default audio settings? The customer seems to have had the same problem once with the Plantronics headset too.

I am more than happy to help in any way possible to have this issue resolved.

Please let me know if you require any additional information from me or need me to do any additional tests.

Regards,
Soorali

Good day.
2 Soorali. Can I ask You to test headset ADD880 & USB Cord with 3CX. You can download http://www.3cx.com.
But there is an important point, it is necessary to leave online call for 1,5 hours and more, without separation.

2 Nicky. Prompt, you can at 3CX to take the statistics of work (the log file). That you could see the cause of the problem.

Thank you.

Hi Add-COM. Did you personally confirm this or you are basing your analysis based on the threads of the forums?

We do not have these devices in house so I cannot personally test this. However you have both ADD-com hardware plus the 3CX Phone which can be downloaded for free. Can you make a test for us and confirm this behavior?

In the meantime I made this same test with a Microsoft Live chat headset, Jabra headsets (wireless, bluetooth and USB), and I could not replicate the issue.

Let me know because how the 3CX Phone works, is that it asks windows for audio devices on startup and checks the status before registering/activating the account profile. These type of problems might occur if the device is changed in call however this is not something that a person would normally do. If a device change is required, the call should be disconnected, device changed and then call should be initiated again with the new selection in place. This is the only reason I can think of at this point.

ADDCOM said:
Hi
My name is Soorali and I am a part of the Addcom Engineering Team.
Hi Soorali, welcome to our forum.

Obviously, 3CXPhone does not control audio devices as specific ones by sending them device-specific commands; it uses standard Windows' generic multimedia support - therefore, there is no difference in handling a SoundMax, a Creative, a Yealink, Jabra, Plantronics or Add-Com audio devices.Therefore, beyond the system's API we cannot go - as long as we met API's parameter specifications, we are "on the safe side".

From what has been described here, I understood that after about one hour and half audio is gone using Add-Com. As Nicky said above, we don't have this model to test it. This is the first thing. Second, report provided here is lacking some details: incoming audio is missing, outgoing call is missing, it's certainly an audio or a SIP/RTP/network issue? and so on.

However, since we don't have, for 3CXPhone, a "list of preferred/supported" audio devices, given the extremely rare case of occurence of this issue - particular model, particular case (one hour and half call) - don't expect to dig too much in this case, at least until it reveals a basic/core issue in our implementation.

Regards
vali

Hi Everyone,

I finally have the 3CX softphone up and running. I made a test call- a long continuous one of 2 hrs. I must report that I had no problems. The preferences menu showed the Addcom headset to be the default device for Microphone, Speaker and Ringer at all times. The call did not drop and I had no other issues.

Grekkievua, can you please elaborate on the problem you are facing.
1. Is the call dropping out?
2. Is the Addcom headset disappearing as the default device from the 3CX preference menu? If yes, then does it disappear on all (Speaker, Microphone and Ringer) or just one?
3. Does only the microphone stop working or does the speaker stop working too?
4. Did you try replacing the headset with another new Addcom headset?
5. You mentioned that you once had the same problem with a Plantronics headset. Was it exactly similar to the problem you faced with the Addcom Headset?

The more information we have from you the better we can help you.

Regards,
Soorali

Soorali - hank you for your update - much appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boykins_54
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.