Add new VoIP Provider in version 8

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by double8pex, Jun 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. double8pex

I downloaded the zip file for our 3rd party provider, Bandwidth from this link:

http://wiki.3cx.com/voip-provider/3rd-party-supported

What folder do I need to extract that file to so it'll appear in the list of VoIP Providers in version 8? The instructions from the page said to extract it to C:\ProgramData\3CX\Data\Http\templates\provider - I don't have that folder path in Windows Server 2008.

Where do I need to extract the bandwidth.pv.xml file to?

2. carolinainnovative

If you are running 3cx on Windows Server 2008, you should have that folder.

Do you have the rest of the 3cx folder structure under %SystemDrive%\ProgramData\3cx?

The XP/2003 location was C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\3CX

3. double8pex

The closest path I have for the specified C:\ProgramData\3CX\Data\Http\templates\provider path is:

C:\Program Files (x86)\3CX PhoneSystem\Data

Under the Data folder, the following folders exist: DB and Ivr. I do not see a HTTP folder. Doing a search for 'provider' does not yield any folder labeled provider.

Additional Info: We are using the 'free' version of 3Cx as we're evaluating it (and Win 2008 64-bit). Not sure if that makes a difference or not. We're trying to get SIP lines from Bandwidth connected to the 3Cx PBX server.

4. carolinainnovative

Do you have a C:\ProgramData folder at all?

If you DO have that folder already, what's in the 3cx folder underneath it?

If you DON'T have that folder - please check to make sure that windows is displaying hidden folders. (I REALLY hope I don't insulting your intelligence when I suggest that... if i did - my sincerest appologies) ... ProgramData is a hidden folder

If you do have Windows Explorer set to show hidden and you still don't have a ProgramData folder, drop to a command shell and type "SET"

Scroll through the list and look for one that says
    PROGRAMDATA=C:\SomeFolder

It will give you the location of the programdata folder if for some reason it isn't in the root of the system drive - where it is supposed to be.

5. mfm

mfm Active Member

Hi,

The folder does exists you just need to make sure you dont have hidden folders set on in the control panel > folder options. What operating system do you have.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. double8pex

Salter's suggestion for the SET command did show the path for the ProgramData folder - it is located at C:\ProgramData. And yes, I had the hidden folders option turned off/exposed - it could've been an oversight on my part, but the ProgramData folder is now visible.

I was able to add the bandwith.pv.xml file to list of VoIP Providers. Thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.