• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Add Russian at Extension Phone Provisioning**CHECK

Status
Not open for further replies.

igor.snezhko

Reaction score
All Yealink and all Grandstream 21XX series phones (at minimut, that I tested) supports Russian at display menu.

Currently I have to modify corresponding templates manually.

Please add Russian here. This are 3-4 strings, not hard work ;)

Re: Add Russian at Extension Phone Provisioning

What do you do to enable russian on the phones?

Grandstream 21XX - I flashed beta firmware 1.0.1.59 from http://www.grandstream.com/firmware.html. Then you can set Russian in the phone's WEB interface.

Yealink - Flash Russian Enabled Firmware X.60.XX from here http://translate.google.com.ua/translate?js=n&prev=_t&hl=ru&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&sl=ru&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ipmatika.ru%2Fsupport%2Fdownload%2F

No this is not what I wanted. Since you mentioned 3-4 strings I thought you were refering to provisioning mechanism.

Ok - I will work on this. In the meantime you tell me whether both phones work stable with a Russian display on.

Yealink

<!--The first entry is the selected entry in management console-->
<option value="Russian">
<item name = "langwebUI">Russian</item>
<item name = "langlcdUI">Russian</item>

Grandstream

"P1362" value="ru"

I confirm. I also added these strings into Yealink template file to enable auto-provisioning with Russian interface and it worked.

How does Yealink behave if Russian laguage is not supported by the firmware?

Thanks

Dont set Russian, if you phone has not Russian firmware and you are not Russian :)

Igor - What yealink models do you have?

I have all the models. To make them Russan - aware, flash firmware form this site
http://translate.google.com.ua/translate?js=n&prev=_t&hl=ru&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&sl=ru&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ipmatika.ru%2Fsupport%2Fdownload%2F

Re: Add Russian at Extension Phone Provisioning**REVERTED

We want the global users to go to 1 trusted manufacturer site, download an official supported firmware that 3CX states to support, change to Russian and get things working. Now this at the moment seems to be not possible unless Im missing something. I got a T26, tried to provision with Russian and it did not work.

If this is not possible like this Russian cannot be added by default. Provisioning works like this: It either works out of the box with a specific firmware gotten from a trusted site or else it remains out.

Also this is subject to a blog post titled like this : Change Display to Russian Yealink. Where first of all will be written in Russian, will go to the russian blog and there you will tell them to download the firmware from elsewhere.

Hi!

There is absolutely no problem with Russian in Yealink. I provided you an Yealink official Russian support site.

Step 1. Flash firmware from this site (v. X.60.XX).

Step 2. Reset phone to default.

Step 3. Check in the phone wen interface, that Russian is available. Also you will see Russian option in the LCD Screen menu (LCD Screen option switch to Russian LCD display only, but web interface remains in English).

Step 4. Add this in the general Yealink template

<option value="Russian">
<item name = "langwebUI">Russian</item>
<item name = "langlcdUI">Russian</item>
</option>

Step 5. Now you have to regenerate a provisioning files. Open Extensions one by one, set Russian and close.

Step 6. Select all the phones in the Phones Node and press Reprovisioning.

Step 7. Phone will reboot twice and wil be set to Russian.

Please, make this trial for us! :)

OK - Agreed - I will leave it.

But regarding Grandstream - Russian included in original firmware, so you can add it also.

Grandstream which models but? the old ones or the executive range or the video phones?
Which firmware?

21XX series. All models.

What firmware are you using at the moment? Im asking you for something else not only related to russian language changes. We are making interop with the new phones.

I am using 1.0.1.59 BETA

2 nickybrg: Just an addition regarding Russian for Yealinks: I recently bought T22's & T28 with firmware which already included Russian among the other languages - they are sold here in Moscow localized. That's why I was a bit surprised that I needed to alter 3CX autoprovision template to make them work out of the box.

OK thanks for your updates. Russian will be available for selection in the next version.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hammad.k
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.