• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Add Signaling-Method: "building up"

Lev

Customer
Reaction score
Hi!

I am not really sure how to call it, but even after using 3CX for about 1,5 years, i still miss the old signaling-method from my old Agfeo PBX.

So please add another signaling-method for ringgroups and/or queues.
Lets call it "building up" (maybe someone comes up with a better name - but that does not really matter ofc)

How it works:
Start of Ringing: Agent 1 rings
after 30 seconds: Agent 1 AND 2 ring
after 60 seconds: Agent 1 AND 2 AND 3 ring
after 90 seconds: Agent 1 AND 2 AND 3 AND 4 ring
etc.

Real Life scenario (basicly explaining my own day in office):
Lets say a company has 3 co-workers. One for customer support and two working in the workshop.
The two in the workshop should not be bothered with too many calls a day, since it interrupts their work and if a customer wants to make an order, the workshopworker needs to change its place and go somewhere, to write it down. This consumes time and the interupt in workflow would cause bad things to happen more often.
Also the guy in customer support may need some seconds to reach his desk, since he might be at the door, receiving a package or doing some other boring office stuff.

Why "ring all" does not work:
The phone will ring for the guys in the workshop right away. This is annoying, since they expect somebody else (the customer support guy) to pick up the call anyway, so they tend to wait a bit, before answering a call (even if it is a direct call to their particular extention - this is another thing, but its kinda related here)
Basicly they never really know, when it is a good time to pick up a call or to wait first.

Why "prioritize" does not work:
The customer support guy has no chance to pick up the call, if he missed his "window of opportunity".
So the call HAS to be answered by somebody else, that is not as well prepared to answer phone calls and can not handle it as efficient.

I could create different callgroups or queus of course, but with about 16 total extentions atm, this seems to be a bit inconvenient and will also eat up my internal extention IDs. Also if one or more agents are missing (which is the case 100% of the time), this "simulating" would not scale very well, since (e.g. it would still take 2 minutes before agent 5 would get a ringing signal, if there are just two people working that day)

Upvote 8
That's not very common (20 years worth of installs) but can easily be done with a series of queues or ring groups. 16 extensions makes it even easier. So many ways to make that work / more efficient.

Well, its a Feature of at least one PBX (and i guess a bunch of others) and even it is not spread widely in the PBX world, it would not make this feature less desireable for me or people in companies with similar structures (which i guess, includes almost every small crafting business)

If this is so easy to realize, please tell me how. As of now, i just see the option with using callgroups/queus. But they are:
- comparable complex to setup
- eating up extention IDs (already stated)
- not even working as intended, because there are never all extentions signed in (already stated)

need this in ring groups for sure!

Just got my update to V15.5
But still nothing... should be an easy thing to add :-/

Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.