Add Signaling-Method: "building up"

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by Lukas Berchten, Jan 23, 2018.

Add Signaling-Method: "building up" 5 5 1votes
5/5, 1 vote

1. Lukas Berchten

Hello

There was allready a Request to this:
    https://www.3cx.com/community/threads/add-signaling-method-building-up.48480/

I have many Customers who need a Signalising-Method in Ring Groups like this:
    1. Ringing on Agent 1
    2. after 30 seconds, Ringing on Agent 1 & 2
    3. after 60 seconds, Ringing on Agent 1, 2 & 3
    etc.

I can build this with multiple Ring Groups like this:
    Ring Group 1 = Agent 1 (destination if no answer: Ring Group 2)
    Ring Group 2 = Agent 1 & 2 (destination if no answer: Ring Group 3)
    Ring Group 2 = Agent 1, 2 & 3

But the Problem there is, that when the Call is forwared from the Ring Group 1 to Ring Group 2, after the defined time, there is an interruption on Ringing about one Second. So now with the constellation from above if nobody take the Call, the Agent 1 has three missed Calls from this one Call. This ist not nice. But the big problem is that when for example, Agent 1 answer the Call after 30 seconds where the call goes to Ring Group 2, who i have the second interruption, its possible that i lose this Call on this Extension.

Please implement this Feature. This would be easy. For example with an Option in Ring Group who i can set a time after the Call will ring also on an other Ring Group. Or remove the interruption between the transfer to the next Ring Group and show it as one call if a Extension is in multiple Ring Groups.

I hope you understand this. My English is not perfect.

2. voiptoys

voiptoys Member

I can offer another hypothetical option. Rather than using Ring Groups, you could use call queues, and replace the on-hold music with a ringing wave file. This will make the customer experience similar to ring groups (or just use queues). Next, we could, using the Call Control API, dynamically add agents to the queue based on the maximum hold time of the callers in the queue. Once the maximum hold time has dropped below the threshold, you could then dynamically remove agents from the queue. It would take some programming, but it should be possible to do. If you need help with the programming, contact us at https://www.VoIPTools.com

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Lukas Berchten

Than
    Thanks very much, for your input. Now basicly it works now. Now i monitoring the incoming calls to the call queue, and if there is a new one, i set a timer when the the next agents will be logged in to recive this call. Its a litte work, but then you can build whatever you want. I have to perfect it but the basics works perfect. Thanks

Lukas