Add voip line problems

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by caojun76, Jan 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. caojun76

If there is anybody here meet with the same problem with me, I am using the same Authentication ID for my different voip provider such as voipstunt, inphonex and local provider, but when I am adding for VOIP lines, I can only add one of them, when I am adding the second one, the system remind me that the Authentication ID should be unique, but since I am using the different provider, why it should be unique?

I think there must be some problem with this, anybody here can help me to solve this problem.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. caojun76

Any person here can give me some instruction to solve this problems? :(

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. silentfun

silentfun Member

perhaps the databasefield is set to unique

to get the right info you have to cantact one of the officials in this forum.

best u give a PM to Costas3CX or kevin

Andy

4. caojun76

Thanks Andy!

I have already send P.M. to them.

5. caojun76

Why it seems there is nobody answering for my questions?

6. RobLloyd

RobLloyd Member

Probably because no one is having that issue?

All my lines are either DID's coming from the same provider with the same unlimited channel or they have seperate IDs.

7. Andy Schmidt

Andy Schmidt New Member

The problem is that they created an index "externalline_authid_key" over the authid column in the externalline table - but they made it a "unique" key, rather than allowing duplicates.

I'm not clear what functional reason would have 3CX require that VARIOUS providers can NOT use the SAME authid?

If my company is "H&M SYSTEMS", then it's not at all farfetched, that DIFFERENT providers would (and indeed have!) used the "logical" user name of "hmsystems".

I think this may be a bug in the database schema? Some programmer wanted to have an index for faster lookup (good), but made it "unique" (which is the problem).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.