Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Add .wav file at real time in DR

Discussion in 'Call Flow Designer' started by Goga, Aug 21, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Goga

I have predefined DR(Digital reception) in system, where i want to add prompt file name at real time.

Getting started with C# for CFD might cause some headaches especially when someone’s not writing a lot programs.

I have check API mention in Call Control API and my head get spinning.
    Here is my flow :
    1) Call come to system go CFD.
    2) On the basis of Caller ID I will fetch .wav file name from SQL connection
    3) file name fetched from database I have to add or overwrite it in DR Prompt feature(let's say 8001 is my DR).
    4) Route call to 8001.
    Like this I have 1000 caller ID and 1000 IVR.
    I need help for point 3.

I think it is possible, It would be gr8 if someone can help me with 3cx methods I have to use to accomplish this.

regards,
    goga.

#1 Goga, Aug 21, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2017
  2. Goga

All prompt will be saved in prompt folder of 3CX. I just need to change prompt file name on the basis of Caller ID .

Like Queue Class in API documentation , is there class for DR.

regards,
    goga

#2 Goga, Aug 21, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2017
  3. edossantos

edossantos Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi @Goga,

Why do you need to create or override a Digital Receptionist and then transfer the call to it? Why don't you just play the wav file in the CFD app? What happens if you receive 2 calls at the same time using your approach? The DR will be updated twice and both callers will hear the same audio (the proper audio for 1 of them and a wrong audio for the other...). So I don't think it's a good option at all. It's better to play the wav file in the CFD app, that way you play the right file to the right caller...

If you need to add/edit the DR, you need to check the IVR object, unfortunately we can't provide support for the Call Control API, so you will need to check the documentation yourself.

Kind regards.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Goga

Thanks for your reply.
    Customer have 1 channel for that line means 1 call at a time will come to system.
    This requirement further will be implemented like this that, when there is incoming call, the first route it to CFD, then on the basis of caller ID,
    I will fetch customer name from database , then using HTTP service I will create audio file with name of customer include in it let's say"welcome mr. Endessto" using google text to speech, then I have to route call to Digital reception and play the recorded file created in previous step.

I will check IVR object.

5. edossantos

edossantos Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Again, you can play this file from the CFD app, using a Prompt Playback component. I think it's much easier than updating the DR...

Kind regards.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.