Adding additional handsets and extensions for a Yealink W52P

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by bdgarcia, Sep 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bdgarcia

Hi,

I am trying to add additional handsets and corresponding extensions to my Yealink W52P. I have already paired the handsets to the W52P, but I cannot seem to figure out how to configure each of them with their own unique extensions in the C3X software. Sorry if I am missing something obvious. I have reviewed the 3CX doc which only covers the initial auto provisioning.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. I am on version 11 with the latest service pack.

Thx
    Bryan

2. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

Re: Adding additional handsets and extensions for a Yealink

The additional handsets are all setup manually. Set the extensions up in 3CX but do not provision by trying to input a MAC or model. Then manually use the web interface on the w52 to set the added handset extensions up to match the registrations (account info). You may want to verify the other added handset extensions settings to the first one to be certain that all is well. If they have the SIP port progressing (5060, 5062, etc,) for each added extension, you should leave that alone as well. The issue is that the 3CX provisioning only accommodates one extension per MAC; which is associated to the base. This is really no different than other phones that have multiple account capability also needing manual provisioning if more than one extension is desired.

3. bdgarcia

Thank you for the explanation. Adding the handsets was a breeze.

Bryan

4. Jetpax

Actually you can add handsets through provisioning

Just modify the provisioning file to use the BLFn as the username for accountn, and keep the same login password for all handsets on a basestation

Then treat the BLFs as handsets in the basestation config

That's how we do ours.

5. summit3

Hello, How exactly should I do this?? With BLF's? or through the phone. Either way how would I assign each handset and extension?

Thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.