Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Adding extensions

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by andrewseni, Dec 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. andrewseni

Probably a totally dumb question, but...

Trying to install 3CX version 9 (the last version I can get to install under XP Pro). The software talks to the SIP provider OK, but when I try to add an extension, the only IP address available in the drop-down box is that of the system itself, so I can't add any extensions.

I can ping any address on the network and the system shows up on the network correctly.

What am I doing wrong?

2. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

Don't you want the phone extensions to talk to the phone system - and it in turn it communicates with the SIP Provider?
    I am not familiar with v9 - but I expect behind the scenes, it does the same thing.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. mixig

mixig Active Member

Just for the note: XP SP3 and version 11 work well (not offical support but it is working)...

4. andrewseni

Clearly I want the extensions to talk to the phone system, but I am not getting that far. I want to add an extension that is at 192.168.0.123 (for example). However, if I try to add an extension the only IP address I am offered is that of the XP system itself.

I couldn't look at the Facebook links because it requested I log in to the Facebook account that I don't have (or want!).

5. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

The IP you select IS THE PHONE SYSTEM.
    Then when you setup the phone, the IP you selected here is in the TEMPLATE SETUP FILE for the PHONE. This is the IP the PHONE USEs to CONTACT THE SERVER.

And... 8| the Facebook links are part of my signature, not intended solely for you to help with this issue.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.