Adding file transfer, emojis, and other feature to chat

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by ParadigmTech, Jul 31, 2017.

Adding file transfer, emojis, and other feature to chat 4.6 5 5votes
4.6/5, 5 votes

1. ParadigmTech

It would be nice to be able to make the 3cx chat client more like Slack or Microsoft teams. At least have the ability to transfer files and have emojis (silly, I know). As these other services become more popular in small businesses, the 3cx chat will be less utilized. This could be one more way 3cx could their "hooks" into their current and new customers.

pahan and Lucas Garcia like this.
  2. Andrzej Pierscionek

But they would have to be optional.
    My client that provides financial services first asked if chat can be disabled. Then when I sad it cannot they asked if files could be transferred. If there was such an option, and it could not be disabled they would have rejected 3CX as a solution due to compliance.

+ why reinvent the wheel ? 3CX should rather integrate with these services well, then try competing with well established and feature rich solutions.

3. 3CXusername

3CXusername New Member

Agree on all counts.

We need more administration before end-user features. Starting with disabling chat.

https://www.3cx.com/community/threads/disable-chat-in-progress.41940/

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. ParadigmTech

I have an accounting firm that i provide there I.T. Support and have been trying to get them moved over to 3cx for a couple of years, and they will not do it. Their phone system has a great client that is could complete with slack and feels like a true unified communications platform.

3cx has come a long way and are adding great features with every new release. However i feel as if they need to add feature's that directly compete with slack and teams before slack and teams add features that directly complete with 3cx.