Adding numbers to blacklist

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Adrian, Dec 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Adrian

Hi,
    I know I can add a CLI from my Yealink history to its backlist, or add a known CLI to the numbers blacklist from the 3CX console, and I've seen that it is also possible to block anonymous calls , but is it possible to add the current CLI to the blacklist (perhaps using a dialling code) whilst in call or by recalling from the last call from history?

thanks

2. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

The short answer is no, the feature as you have described it, is not available. You could submit a feature request.

The blacklist is, in my opinion, a fairly critical tool. I don't know that it would be well received by many installations to allow almost any user to blacklist a number. Its use could be detrimental if certain employees got a notion to "take matters into their own hands".

I imagine that there would need to be a way to manage who could and could not and possibly some form of validation; otherwise one could simply go and find an extension with the privilege and then it could possibly look bad for that particular extension owner.

3. Adrian

Thanks your answer confirmed understanding, I'm not sure its such a good idea either but I was asked the question so just wanted to check.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.