Adding Parental Phone Numbers to Phonebook

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by RobFrain, Oct 17, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RobFrain

Hi
    We're a school that has been using 3CX for almost two years now and just love it. We do have a phonebook for all users to use, however I'd like to pull data from our Management Information System of all parental mobile/home phone numbers, and add them to this address book. Is this possible? I'd even do it manually if I could. The main area of concern is we wouldn't want these phone numbers to be shown in the phone book, only to be seen when the parent rings in by the person answering the phone? Can this be done?

Thanks

2. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

At my last job - I wrote a VB APP that opened the 3cx Phonebook for the particular phone we used (Yealink) and added all employee mobile phones to it (all of the road warriors that did not ever come to the office... so they were not in the directory). This information came from Active Directory.
    I then saved the book as a new file. (couldn't save as same file as it was Locked by 3cx services)
    This file is the one that the Yealink phones used for the phonebook - instead of the default phonebook.

Hope this is helpful to your need. This might bee a security concern, however... especially if a phone was stolen.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.