Adding Patton PSTN Gateway - no United States for Tone Sets

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by jholcombe, Oct 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jholcombe

I'm trying to add a Patton PSTN Gateway. I would like to use "United States" tone sets, but the country is not listed when generating the template. Is there a way to get the United States tone sets?

2. CentrexJ

CentrexJ Member

Sure it is. With all versions of 3CX United States tones sets are there. Go to settings, updates and re-pull the update for the Patton adapter. Is this for the FXO? I did two yesterday with v14sp1 using United States.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. jholcombe

This is for a Smartnode 4970 (ISDN T1) with one port. I re-downloaded the template for "Patton 1-4 Port ISDN T1 Gateway Devices". I still get no "United States" as an option. I've got a call in to Patton as well to hopefully help with this. See attached screenshot.

Attached Files:

4. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

As an experiment -

Look at the Patton FXS gateway template and note that the same entries and variables are in that template as the one you wish, (see below) with the exception of the US entry. The FXS template does have the US entry and I am guessing that you could simply copy from this template and insert into the T1 and test the functionality.

<value name="United States">ToneSet_US</value>

You may also want to go into the device interface and validate that it supports this before doing. As I do not have such a device, I can make no claims that it will function, but it may be worth the try while waiting on a more definitive answer as you can always reset the device and remove the entry from the template should it not work.

5. jholcombe

Thank you! I haven't had a chance to work on it today, but there are two things I'm going to try (hopefully tomorrow). One was a suggestion to try to have the PBX deliver audio for calls going through the Patton T1 Gateway. Another was this e-Mail I received from Patton tech support:

Hi John,

Just paste this in the CLI of your Patton

profile tone-set US
    map call-progress-tone dial-tone US_Dialtone
    map call-progress-tone ringback-tone US_Alertingtone
    map call-progress-tone busy-tone US_Busytone
    map call-progress-tone release-tone US_Releasetone
    map call-progress-tone congestion-tone US_Busytone

Best regards,

Yoel Manna
    Technical Support
    Patton Electronics Co

I think first I'll try Yoel's suggestion above and then if that doesn't work, I'll try PBX deliver audio, or maybe both.

Thank you!,

--John

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.