Adding/Removing agents from Queue

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Jeff "Jarhead" Yager, Feb 6, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jeff "Jarhead" Yager

All I have 34 queues and need to be able to add/remove agents fairly regularly. I am looking for a way to do so without having to do it 34 time, i.e. going into each queue and adding/removing an agent or 2. Is there a way to do so maybe in a group? Or in the webclient/q manager?

Thanks
    Jeff

2. jimbo59

jimbo59 Member

Great idea. Add groups to queues or ring groups.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Jeff "Jarhead" Yager

Exactly but cant do it now, only agent extensions. Really sucks when I need to remove 1 or 2 agents from 34 queues.

jimbo59 likes this.
  4. jimbo59

jimbo59 Member

Put your idea in the ideas queue.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. voiptoys

voiptoys Active Member

We have a customer that has well over 100 queues. They are a shared call center for many different companies. They have asked us to create a program that allows them to easily add / remove people to / from queues. My thought was to create a web interface that has 3 listboxes (1) list of queues, (2) agents assigned to selected queue(s), and (3) available agents not already assigned to the selected queue(s).

To assign an agent to queues, you select one or more queues by placing a check next to the desired queues, or check the "all queues" checkbox to select all the queues, and then uncheck the few queues that are not needed. Then you select the agents to be added (by placing a check next to their name), then press the add button. I suppose we could have up/down buttons to change the order of the agents in the queue too. Again, you could select all or individual agents to be added. The same process is used for removing agents from the queue(s).

This is in development now, but I would value some feedback from you about how we could make this work for you too. I suppose we could add "extension groups" to the list of agents in addition to individual agents to the listbox. Then if you select the group, behind the scenes, we could add all the members of the group to the queue.

Unless we got really fancy, if you remove people from the group from within the 3CX management console, it's not going to be smart enough to remove them from the queue.

Any other thoughts? This is going to be done in a couple of days, so I could use your suggestions right away. Or, does this approach work for you? And what should we call this add-on? 3CX Queue Agent Manager?

accentlogic likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.