Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Adding second port to Voip Provider

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by brigham, Aug 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brigham

Hi,

I am fairly new to the system but seem to have things moving forward smoothly. I do have one issue though that i can figure out. We have our Voip provider (babytel) configured and working for our main voice lines. But we also have a fax line setup with them with it's own SIP AuthID and password. If I add another Voip provider with the same information except the new line and authentication info it doesn't seem to connect. The Activity Log actually shows Registraiton succeeded, but the Ports/Trunks Status shows it as Not Registered.

So my question is, if i have the Voip Provider setup twice essentially will this create issues. I am thinking because the SIP address and port and configured the same for both. My thinking was can i just add another virtual extenstion under the single Voip provider gateway? When i look at DID's it talks about selecting either the gateway or the specfic ports under that gateway. This is what got me thinking i might be able to do it.

I hope this makes sense. if not let me know.

Josh

2. eagle2

eagle2 Well-Known Member

May be you need to share more details about your configuration.

Generally in 3CX there are Generic SIP trunks (without registration) and Generic SIP providers (with regsitration, i.e. username / password). Some providers allow more than 1 simultaneous call (you should set this parameter correctly).
    You may have as many registrations with one provider (you need different user names for each account, unless the provider allows multiple registrations, nevertheless it makes no sense doing it from one location, instead of this simply increase the number of channels). It is better (and easy) to have SIP trunk with multiple channels and several (or many) numbers (DIDs) assigned to it, so you can forward inbound calls to correct extension, etc.

Regards

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. mylove4life

mylove4life New Member

If you list your provider, I'm sure someone has a guide of it.

4. brigham

Thanks for the reply. The provider is Babytel, and it seems to be more how they setup things on their end. When I created the account with them we had 4 voicepaths setup for our system. But we wanted to port our fax line over as well, and they offer a fax line for much cheaper than a normal voicepath. But, each babytel account seems to only handle one type of service. So they created a second account for the fax line with it's own sip registration info and password. When I configure this as a second voip provider it does not register with Babytel. I was wondering if it is because it is trying to register to the same sip server address and port 5060. Not sure if this would create an issue, but that was my line of thinking. I have setup different providers going to different sip addresses but still port 5060. Surprisingly the event logs show that line registering successfully, but everywhere else in 3CX it shows as not registered.

any other ideas?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.