Adding VOIP/PSTN Gateway Screen

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by schampeau, Mar 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. schampeau

I just add a new PSTN gateway for the Goldstream HT-701. My analog line is on-hook, registered, and working fine calling between stations. The question I have is should there be an entry showing in VOIP/PSTN Gateway screen? If so, would this then allow to create an outbound rule so I can select my pots line for dialing out?
    I at release 11

Regards,

Steve

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

The Grandstream HT-701 is a single line ATA (analogue telephone adapter). It is not a gateway It allows you to use a standard analogue telephones on a VoIP PBX.

To place a call to an "outside" phone, you will need either a VoIP trunk, from a provider, or, a Gateway to connect to one of several interfaces, PSTN (standard phone line). ISDN BRI or ISDN PRI. You would then add the trunk(s) to 3CX and create outbound rules to route calls.

The Grandstream HT-503 contains both an ATA and a gateway, as does the Cisco/Linksys SPA-3102.

3. schampeau

Thanks for clearing up my confusion. :S

I was basically trying to create a loop start trunk off the system using the HT701 device.

4. schampeau

Thanks for clearing up my confusion. :S

I was basically trying to create a loop start trunk off the system using the HT701 device.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.