Additional phone config options in UI (to avoid custom templates)

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by the60, Aug 30, 2017.

Additional phone config options in UI (to avoid custom templates) 5 5 2votes
5/5, 2 votes

1. the60

the60 New Member

Please consider allowing the following modifications/defaults to phone templates via 3CX UI:

• Replace 3CX Logo with admin-defined logo that can be uploaded via UI
      • 3CX logo as default is fine;
      • Large installations will want a company logo on their phones, which today means a custom template, which means "unsupported"
      • Free editions should not have this option.
    • Enable phones to auto-check for changes to their config every xx minutes
      • This is off by default.
      • Helpful when making changes to loots of phones
      • Default to 1440 mins, but, enable admin-defined global change to xx minutes (my preference is 60 mins)
    • Enable global or individual to change additional ringtones (i.e., for queue calls and other types of calls)
      • I have yet to find a client that likes the default ringtone for incoming queue calls!
    • Enable global defaults for new parameters, (or, enable mass-edits of all extensions) specifically:
      • time format, transfer method, LED notifications, backlight timeout, screensaver
    • Allow option to globally/individually disable DND button
      • Users with multiple phones can mess up their DND status
      • Phone's DND status often does not correlate with 3CX status, resulting in additional confusion by users.
      • DND button can be used by queue agents to take unauthorized breaks, since DND status does not change queue agents status in 3CX app (queue management). Most call centers would rather not have this option.
    • Enable a way to disable "reject call" button
      • This is specifically useful for queue agents who often reject calls on their own in order to have another agent deal with a specific caller. Most call centers want this disabled.
    • Establish a global setting for "deployment type", and, apply related default settings across the board
      • Example: Hosted 3CX-based extensions, should not have the default "Disallow use of extension outside the LAN" checked; etc.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    ntnetzeband likes this.
  2. Silly English Kniggit

Broadly I agree with all this. Not to detract from your points but a couple of suggestions / queries which might help you now...
    a. Don't use custom template for logos. Overwrite the logo file on disk (and make read only / keep backup for in case upgrade changes it back). This is easier, simpler and keeps you in support. Doesn't help if log is burned into the firmware (boot logo etc), but then neither will template. 3CX will not allow logo upload ever - I've had that argument.
    b. Depending on your version and phones, the DND button should not do anything other than toggle the extn status as seen / set in 3CXPhone (not DND). If the phones are doing DND themselves, or you're seeing the DND option (not the status of DND) on the extn change - then something is wrong. However I'll agree that some phones hold their own local opinion of the "DND" (actually extn status) which is very unhelpful but down to the phones used. We have Cisco that do this, but they're "legacy support" (for migration only, and should not be used for green field installs).
    c. DND logging out of queues - disable this in extn settings for each forwarding rule.
    d. "Hosted 3CX-based extensions, should not have the default "Disallow use of extension outside the LAN" checked" - they should unless you're doing STUN. Access via VPN, SBC, or 3CX Tunnel does not require this option. As STUN has "firewall requirements" - I've never seen it actually used. YMMV, but generally this option is always checked.

I think some of the other things you've asked for are either recently added (15.5 SP1), or in development / consideration so you'd be better voting on those existing posts. I hope that helps.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    the60 likes this.