Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Addong VOIP provider in V7 errors

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by sipero, Feb 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sipero

Hi,

I noticed a few others seem to have problems when adding a VOIP provider in v7. I sufferred this problem myself when I chose the option to have a 5 digit extension during setup. I think there may be a conflict with VOIP provider ID being 5 digits and extensions also be 5 digits.

I've now chosen to use 3 digit extension and no longer have any problem.

Is this a bug? Can you perhaps have VOIP providers set for 8 or 9 digits. I would like to have the option of creating extensions of up to 7 digits so that if I have a DID like 0208 1234567 I could then use an extension of 1234567.

Jonathan Hamon

2. alexmallia

alexmallia New Member
    3CX Support

Hi

When using a 5 digit setup you might have extensions being 10000, 10001, 10002 etc. When setting up a VOIP provider, this gets assigned the line 10000 and thus will conflict with the extensions mentioned above.

Thus when using a 5 digit extension, avoid using extensions mentioned above to ensure they don't conflict with the lines.

For the options to have extensions with 7 digits, this is currently not possible but you may post this as a feature request on the feature request forum for future releases.

Regards

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.