Addong VOIP provider in V7 errors

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by sipero, Feb 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sipero

Hi,

I noticed a few others seem to have problems when adding a VOIP provider in v7. I sufferred this problem myself when I chose the option to have a 5 digit extension during setup. I think there may be a conflict with VOIP provider ID being 5 digits and extensions also be 5 digits.

I've now chosen to use 3 digit extension and no longer have any problem.

Is this a bug? Can you perhaps have VOIP providers set for 8 or 9 digits. I would like to have the option of creating extensions of up to 7 digits so that if I have a DID like 0208 1234567 I could then use an extension of 1234567.

Jonathan Hamon

2. alexmallia

alexmallia New Member
    3CX Support

Hi

When using a 5 digit setup you might have extensions being 10000, 10001, 10002 etc. When setting up a VOIP provider, this gets assigned the line 10000 and thus will conflict with the extensions mentioned above.

Thus when using a 5 digit extension, avoid using extensions mentioned above to ensure they don't conflict with the lines.

For the options to have extensions with 7 digits, this is currently not possible but you may post this as a feature request on the feature request forum for future releases.

Regards

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.