• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Address Book Contact Matching

Status
Not open for further replies.

narkumas

Forum User
Reaction score
Is this familiar to You:

The call log will only shows contact names when the number is 100% matching. Spaces or dashes in the address book make the matching impossible.
Okay, I can make a workaround and remove all spaces from phonebook entries. But the problem is even bigger:
For outgoing calls I have to replace + by 00, otherwise my deskphones do not work.
Inbound calls come with +
So I can either have name resolution for my inbound log OR outbound log. Argh!!!

I have tried to change the caller ID with a caller-id-rule in my trunks. The changed number is displayed in my phone, but still the name resolution is done with the original number...

I hope You can see my point.

In my contgact options i have set "Match Caller ID's to a contact entry" to 8 digits. But this seems to be ignored in call log.

Please 3CX, do something. It makes me mad!

//Marius

Changing the incoming CID to a format that can be re-dialled, and doing a match, on fewer digits in the directory, should work. What version 3CX are you using?

I am Using v15.
Fewer Digits are bad for me, I would geht false Matches.

However, the contacts are shown correctly eben the calls Come in. It ist only Missing in the Log...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gamingpro2131
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.