Address Book Contact Matching

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by narkumas, May 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. narkumas

narkumas New Member

Is this familiar to You:

The call log will only shows contact names when the number is 100% matching. Spaces or dashes in the address book make the matching impossible.
    Okay, I can make a workaround and remove all spaces from phonebook entries. But the problem is even bigger:
    For outgoing calls I have to replace + by 00, otherwise my deskphones do not work.
    Inbound calls come with +
    So I can either have name resolution for my inbound log OR outbound log. Argh!!!

I have tried to change the caller ID with a caller-id-rule in my trunks. The changed number is displayed in my phone, but still the name resolution is done with the original number...

I hope You can see my point.

In my contgact options i have set "Match Caller ID's to a contact entry" to 8 digits. But this seems to be ignored in call log.

Please 3CX, do something. It makes me mad!

//Marius

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Changing the incoming CID to a format that can be re-dialled, and doing a match, on fewer digits in the directory, should work. What version 3CX are you using?

3. narkumas

narkumas New Member

I am Using v15.
    Fewer Digits are bad for me, I would geht false Matches.

However, the contacts are shown correctly eben the calls Come in. It ist only Missing in the Log...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.