• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Admin password not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wills

Customer
Reaction score
Hey folks.

Running 3cx on debian stretch (9.13)

Web portal admin login was working yesterday, but today when i go to log in it says password failed and then blocks my IP after three attempts (no option to reset by email).

I'm using a password manager, so I'm guaranteed to be using he same credentials as yesterday.

I also ran a new backup using /usr/lib/3cxpbx/BackupCmd --file=damn.zip and extracted it to inspect the xml for the username and password, which is consistent the one that gets me blocked.

I've tried restarting and rebooting, and a different browser.

Any ideas would be appreciated!

You might try manually inputting the password rather than relying on the password manager, if you have not yet done that.

Reactions: ChrisC_3CX
Also, do note that the "Forgot Password" option is given on the second failed attempt provided that the username used is correct both times. Try to log in from a different public IP while manually entering the password like @leejor said and if it fails two times, click on the "Forgot Password" option to reset. An email will be sent to the administrator email of the 3CX PBX.

Thanks Leejor, I did try copy pasting form the config xml file - no joy.

Chris: I'm not getting a reset option, as you can see here https://bc.io/3cx-noreset.mp4

Last edited:
Hey @Wills

Please try the following:

• Use the latest version of Google Chrome in incognito mode.
• Make sure no extensions are allowed to run in incognito mode (the password manager for instance)
• Try again.

Reactions: JohnS_3CX
Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yparker0320
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.