Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Admin Password Reset

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by AlphaMedia, Apr 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AlphaMedia

I just installed 3CX (Free version) today, and when I went to log into the Management Page, my credentials are not being accepted. Im assuming I mis-typed something during the install. Is there anyway to reset the PW, or do I need to un/re install?

2. AlphaMedia

This is the full error:

SQLSTATE[08006] [7] FATAL: password authentication failed for user "administrator"<br>#0 C:\Program Files\3CX PhoneSystem\Data\Http\functions\CallContext.php(37): PDO->__construct('pgsql:dbname=ph...', '[USERNAME]', '[PASSWORD]')<br />
    #1 C:\Program Files\3CX PhoneSystem\Data\Http\functions\CallContext.php(86): CallContext->getConnection()<br />
    #2 C:\Program Files\3CX PhoneSystem\Data\Http\functions\fExtension.php(78): CallContext->safeExec('select DN.IDDN ...', Array, 'Cannot get Exte...')<br />
    #3 C:\Program Files\3CX PhoneSystem\Data\Http\functions\fObject.php(90): fExtension->getData()<br />
    #4 C:\Program Files\3CX PhoneSystem\Data\Http\index.php(7): fObject->getManager()<br />
    #5 {main}

3. arpa

Do the last one

4. SWSDEV

SWSDEV Member

You could also try this tool:

http://www.utahvoipstore.com/products/189-power-tools-for-3cx-password-reset.aspx

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Powermage

Powermage New Member

Big kick, but for later google searches it can be nice to see this here instead of buying a tool for this.
    There is an simple way to retrieve a password.

Create a backup of the configuration through the backup and restore tool.
    open the zip file containing the backup and look for the XML file located in the root of the ZIP and open it.

Search for:

Example:
    Code:
    <Parameter>
                <Value>Thepassword</Value>
                <Type>Int32</Type>
                <Description>The admin pass</Description>
                <Name>WEBSERVERPASS</Name>
            </Parameter>
    The parameter value contains the password.

6. 3CXfoxhallsolutions

3CXfoxhallsolutions New Member

Awesome ... Just when I needed that piece of info too!
    Thanks ...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. abovepoint

So, I cant find WEBSERVER in the document or the word admin... has this been changed or removed?

8. AndreasP_3CX

AndreasP_3CX New Member
    3CX Support

Try searching for WEBSERVERUSER for the administrator user name and WEBSERVERPASS for the password that should do the trick

cspecs likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.