Advanced Settings, Behaviour options store

Discussion in 'Windows' started by cabc, Oct 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cabc

Does anyone happen to know where these settings are actually stored? (registry, config file.. etc)

I want to install an external application on a client PC and configure the settings for the phone to call the external program with my installer so that the user does not have to manually complete the configuration.

I've had a quick look but didn't find where they are saved. My mum would have asked if I'd looked hard enough. But if you happen to know it would be a great help.

Thanks

Ian

2. Vali_3CX

Vali_3CX Well-Known Member
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi Ian
    My advice is to don't try such approach:
    - phone's configuration parameters are for internal use
    - they may change from one phone's version to another
    - their storage may differ from one phone's version to another (in a file, in the registry, in the cloud, whatever).
    By changing them manually, you may get an unpredictable behavior of the phone - no matter is the Windows, MAC, iOS or Android version.
    Regards
    vali

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. cabc

Hi Vali thank you for commenting.

The settings I'm interested in only apply to the Windows Client and I'm only really interested in enabling an "External Application" These settings are hardly likely to break the phone generally, although I appreciate if the changes are made poorly other settings might be affected.

The aim here is to provide an easy to install add-on. While it's not difficult for a user to manually configure an external application, doing it manually across multiple PCs could be made much easier if the settings were updated by the install. If they are in the registry or a Config file it should be possible without much harm being caused.

Regards

Ian

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.