Advice on Sangoma / NetBorder

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by GManNAtl, Oct 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GManNAtl

After many months of fighting problems with Faxing, Call Quality Issues, Voice Mails with leading silence, and other issues. I recently moved my NetBorder installation off the 3CX and installed it on a separate server and now have a MUCH better experience. Both Sangoma and 3CX had looked at the system many times and we never really made any progress. I had also completely rebuilt the server on 3 different occasions to no avail. I know that having NetBorder on the host machine is a supported configuration, but I would highly recommend NOT doing this. There is also an added benefit of having it on an external server and that is when it comes to troubleshooting. It gives you a way to capture traffic between the devices instead of having to use something like RawCap. Even when you do capture traffic on the loopback it seems to me at least that it is harder to troubleshoot.

If anyone has a successful installation with NetBorder on the host consider yourself lucky (in my experience). If you do have some minor issues you may want to consider doing what I did. It may just clear up a few things.

2. 3CXfoxhallsolutions

3CXfoxhallsolutions New Member

Wish I saw your posting a year ago ... I had to scrap the Sangoma PCI card and install a Patton Gateway instead (which worked a treat! - I might add) ...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. GManNAtl

I was a hair trigger away from getting the Patton as well on several occasions. The only reason I didn't is that deep down I knew the Sangoma was a good product. I have used Sangoma boards several times in the past for other applications with no problems what so ever.

This installation was my first with 3CX and I have to say it was one of the worst experiences with any telecom product I have ever sold. I really liked the product before and thankfully now after making this change I am happy with it again.

One final note on the Sangoma . . . 3CX doesn't have templates to mix FXO, FXS, or PRI, but I was able to get this working early on which makes for a very flexible solution. With the exceptional pricing on NetBorder you can build a custom solution with any mix of interfaces. One interesting thing about the licensing though . . If you have a 30 port license you can not have more than 30 ports total. It is not a concurrent license, NBE will simply not start if you have more hardware than licensing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.