Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Advice on System Requirements?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Kahuna, May 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kahuna

Hi Folks - just getting into the whole pbx thing and am looking for some advice on what equipment and set-up I need, and especially if we can do this with the free version of 3CX.

Right now we have two offices with two people in each. One office has 2 pstn lines and the other a single pstn line.

Both offices have multiple Plusnet VOIP numbers. We are running Gigaset 680 handsets attached through the gigaset terminal to our Netgear router.

What equipment do we need in addition to this to get both offices connected?

What I'd like is to be able to do is treat firstly, the VOIP numbers as if they were all on the same pbx system (I know we can do something like that with the 3CX system), and secondly, if possible treat the 3 pstn lines as if they were all on the same pbx too. If we could transfer the lines internally for both VOIP and pstn that would be the ideal?

Any suggestions on equipment and set-up would be very welcome, and if we cant do this with the free version of 3CX which set-up do we need and what will be the minimum costs involved???

Feedback apprecaiated

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

You should probably be getting in touch with a 3CX partner close to you. Someone that can evaluate your current system/infrastructure and provide a quote based on equipment availability and prices in your area.

3. Kahuna

I was hoping that before I get to that stage I could get a better understanding of what's possible on our own, and what we could expect overall.

4. davidbenwell

davidbenwell Active Member

Background

1. You have a total of 4 users across two sites (2 per site)
    2. You have 1 site with 2 PSTN lines and 1 site with 1 PSTN Line
    3. You use the Gigaset 680 handset phones

Recommendations

You can get away with using the Free edition at the moment, and due to low user usage, I don’t see a requirement to have a PBX at each site, therefore I would recommend setting up the PBX on the site that has the two PSTN lines and you will then be able to connect theses to the 3CX system with a gateway device for backup and both sites will be able to make use of this.

You will need a total of two Gigaset base units, one for each site and configured with 3CX
    This is a very basic setup and fairly easy to do.

all VoIP accounts would be registered at the PBX and the other site connect to 3CX remotely

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.