Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Advice required

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Derek66, Feb 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Derek66

I had a fully operational and functional 3cx V10 operating on our system. I backed the 3cx system up and did a fresh install of Windows 7 Professional on the computer and reinstalled 3cx and restored my backed up database. Now I can ring out but people cant hear me, I get the error message Event Id 12294

"Call to 0438*******@(Ln.10011@Pennytel) has failed. [V4 202.85.243.105:5060 UDP target domain=unspecified mFlowKey=892] replied 603 Declined from IP:202..85.243.105:5060"

What does this mean and how do I go about rectifying it.

I have had a look at the firewall it says that 3cx is allowed to go through
    I have turned our Modem on and off, I have re-started the system several times.

Thanks in anticipation

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Go into your trunk settings for that provider and be sure that everything looks correct.
    I'm suspicious as to why there is nothing behind Pennytel, in the log.

No .com after the Pennytel?

Whose IP is this, I get no reverse DNA lookup, is that Pennytel or your DNS server trying to tell you something?

3. Derek66

Thanks for helping the ip must be pennytel's it is not mine- there is no .com on the Description

4. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

Australia? Perhaps sip.pennytel.com?

5. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Did you get this working. A DNS query does show that IP belonging to from sip.penntel.com

So it looks like you are reaching them
    But, they don't like something you are sending.

If you've gone over all of your settings, and everything looks correct, I would save some time (and hair pulling) by calling them (or emailing) and asking what they are seeing and why they are having an issue with what you are sending.

Because you have moved to a new system, the only other thing I could think that it might be are the firewall settings, although, the log seems to indicate that you are getting through to them.

I'm assuming on the fresh install of the operating system, that you did all of the updates, from microsoft.

6. Derek66

Leejor thankyou for your advice, I removed 3cx, made sure I had all the updates and then reinstalled, whitls the error still shows, I have clear phones, so that is great = thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.