Advice with Linksys SPA942

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by bunoire14, Jun 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bunoire14

Hi,

I have recently installed 3CX on my webserver and have it configured and working correctly with my SIP provider. I can make outgoing calls and recieve incoming calls with no problems aslong as Im using the Softphone..... However....

I have bought a Linksys SPA942 for use at work as a proper Desk Phone, rather than relaying on a headset plugged into my PC. I have managed to configure the SPA942 up to the point that it registers on the server, on my extesion properly.

When I make a call from a standard landline the phone rings... however when I lift the reciever of the phone to answer the call, the phone screen displays "Answering" and freezes, no sound can then be heard from either end of the call, its just dead. Th same is true of Ext to Ext calls.

If i attempt to make an outbound call on the Phone I get an immediate "Invalid Number" tone and no numbers work outbound at all, not even mailbox.

This is my first forray into IP PBX setup and the chances are I've missed a crucial componant in the setup somwhere but ive no idea what it is. Hopefully someone who has a SPA942 can help me as my interent searches on this issue have been fruitless.

Many thanks,

Oliver

2. mbaltus

And if you set-up the soft-phone as a second extension, can you call between de SPA and the soft-phone?
    We have about 25 SPA phones (using auto-provisioning) in use and no one shows that kind of behaviour.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. bunoire14

Hi thanks for the reply,

I have got the SPA on ext 100 and Softphone on 101 if i call 100 from 101 the SPA rings but i get the same frozen "answering" behaviour upon lifting the reciever... if i try and call 101 from 100 as soon as i try and dial the number it gives me the "Invalid Number" behaviour.

I can't figure out what I've done wrong? :oops:

Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks in advance!

4. mbaltus

What firmware do you have running on the Linksys? Perhaps you can try to upgrade that to the latest version (which works fine with 3CX). Just to be sure, if you would use two softphones, you are able to call internally?
    Can you post the verbose logging of the internal call.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. itgs

6. mbaltus

Now that you mention this, I do remember from the time I was evaluating the 3CX product I once came accross some weird behaviour. Although not having been able to reproduce the problem I figured it either had to do with the 3CX set-up/install or with the fact that I didn't have Internet access during my trials.

You could try a back-up, reinstall and restore of 3CX.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.