Advice with PAP2T

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by zebrafilm, Feb 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zebrafilm

I have installed a PAP2T on my doorphone system, which is basically an analogue phone, dialing a number when you press the button.
    THe doorphone itself is kind of sluggish before it starts dialing but since I have the PAP2T to connect it to my 3CX box it takes way too long. The mailman is 3 blocks away when it starts to ring in the house :)

When the doorbell rings the ring group number, it takes about 10 seconds or more before it starts to ring through the house (all SIP). I have tried it with a normal pone on the ATA and Iget the same delay. PAP2T has latest firmware.
    Is there a setting or a way to make this go faster?

Secondly, when I finish the call and hang up, the door phone beeps for a while, which seems a normal sound when the other party closes the connection, but after about 10 seconds, it turns into a much louder and alarming beeping sound. That keeps on going for 15 seconds before it returns to 'on hook' state.

What is the second 'alarm' and how to adjust the ATA to disconnect quicke/better?

Suggestions welcome!

Bastiaan

PS just see in the info screen of the PAP2T a strange item: "Call 1 state: invalid" (see below)

Display Name: Doorphone
    Hook State: Off
    Last Registration At: 2/2/2003 17:14:37
    Message Waiting: No
    Last Called Number: 802
    Mapped SIP Port:
    Call 1 State: Invalid
    Call 2 State: Idle
    Call 1 Tone: SIT 1

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Henk

Henk Member

to have the phone dial quicker (eg fire the number sequence quicker) reduce the size in the number mask. Eg if you only use one digit, than make the number mask 1 digit.

This stops the phone from waiting for the next digit, it knows that only one digit is required and fires the number. (I believe it was number mask, I am a little rusty, its been a while).

Re disconnect, reduce the silence wait. In general when a silence is found SIP will initiate a disconnect. By reducing that silence wait the phone might disconnect quicker.

H.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. zebrafilm

Henk, thanks for taking the time to help me.

The analogue systems dials 802 ( my doorbell ring group).
    It dials it pretty quick once it starts dialing, thats not the delay. It seems the delay is in between the ATA and 3CX.
    I haven't found any setting in the ATA to change this behaviour.
    The only masking I found was in the dialplan: (*xx|[3469]11|0|00|[2-9]xxxxxx|1xxx[2-9]xxxxxxS0|xxxxxxxxxxxx.)
    which is the standard setting.

Regarding the disconnects I found a setting called Silence Supp Enable: yes/no Silence Threshold: high/medium/low
    I guess thats what you mean. I will try to enable the Silence trheshold.

[​IMG]

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

If the PAP is only dialling the 3 digit number then your diallplan should include (or perhaps only have) an entry like (8xxS0) which would fire off any 3 digit number beginning with 8 and not wait for the time-out. Dialing a # at the end of a number will also send the dial string immediately. If the PAP is set up to autodial when the handset is picked up then put the S0 after the number to send without delay.

5. zebrafilm

your tips solved the dialing delay with adding a hash (#) to the dialed number. 802# made it ring instantly. I agree that adding a different mask to the dialplan should also work. (learning every day now).

The disconnect ' alarm' has not solved yet. I have placed a PDF with my current settings here: http://www.zebrafilm.info/R1200GSA/PAP2.pdf

To recap on the problem: After the internal phone hangs up the call from the doorphone, the doorphone sounds the disconnect beeps for 10 seconds and then changes to a very loud (alarming) beep for another 10 seconds.
    It is much louder than the normal tone.

I have founds some tech specs of the doorphone:
    minimum line voltage <18 = line hangs up
    impedance of line termination: 130R + 820R paralel. 220n
    Tone choice level: 4-6 db /20-60mA
    Tone choice sensitivity: 40db / 20-60mA
    Sensitivty of tone detector: 30db / 20-60mA

I have checked if it also happens to other calls in between phones but there it works fine. the disconnect tone is there for 5 secs and then everything stops.

6. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

So....I take it the door phone has no handset to actually hang-up? Are you just relying on some sort of time-out circuit to disconnect the door phone? Is it the "receiver off-hook" tone that you are hearing? If all else fails, then edit the "off hook warning tone" ( i suspect that is what you are hearing) into something more pleasant at a lower volume.

7. Henk

Henk Member

I have to agree with Leejor on this one.

When I have time Ill look into it a bit closer.

H.

8. dsemkiw

I have a similar situation with a pap2t. Have you managed to resolve the disconnection issue?
    My assumption is that the door phone is relying on a CPC signal from the ATA to disconnect.
    Despite trying various CPC settings, I have not been able to generate a CPC signal and the pap2t call status is also "invalid" once the other end hangs up. I then get a "reorder" then "SIT 1" tone. It sounds similar to your situation.
    Can anyone clarify what an "invalid" call status is, and what the correct call status should be after the remote end hangs up?
    Are there any known issues or tricks in generating a CPC signal from a pap2t?

9. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Try making use of the FXS Port Polarity Configuration to send revered polarity when the called party goes off-hook, then back to normal when they hang up. Unfortunately it doesn't provide a CPC signal (momentary disconnect). You could see if the enter phone recognises it and drops the call.

A circuit could be built with a relay that would open the line for a second when polarity went from reverse to "normal", although you may not want to go down that road.

Did you ever try a dialplan using only this? (S0<:802>) It simulates a Hotline by speed dialling 802 when the phone goes off-hook. (that's a zero after the "S")

10. dsemkiw

Yes, I use (S0<:XX>) (a hotline) to dial but i'm not the original creator of the thread. I just had the same problem...
    The CPC seems to work for incoming calls but not outgoing. Good suggestion regarding the FXS Port Polarity Configuration. I'll work towards a hardware solution to recognise it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.