advise about skype accounts Master / slave

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by littlebigtoe, Oct 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. littlebigtoe

Feb 23, 2009
    I have installed the Skype Gateway, I have created one Skype account, which is showing green for live and ok.

My query is this, I have looked at other posts on 3CX Gateway for Skype, and I can see I must set up master and slave accounts. I looked at the fair use policy for Skype, and from what I can see I would need to set up a master account for each person that has an extension in 3cx that would need to make an outbound call, is this correct? So each master account would need to have credit for outbound calls , like unlimited landlines (SkpeOut). Can I get away with one account as Skypein (an online Skype number) or would you need more as that number would show as constantly engaged if more than one person were to call it?

I would like to know how others have set up their skype accounts, so that I can work on the best way to finish setting up our system. I couldn’t see anything about master or slave account advise on this part of the forum, just that people have setup these things. So the Likely hood is I will have to do the same.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.