Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

After 15.5 update, Auto Switching of status no longers works

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by DARSFoG, Jun 28, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DARSFoG

This is a follow-up to this post

I have two dummy extensions that are switching between the times just fine. Everything seemed to be working until the v15.5 update. Now the extensions will not switch to "away" during break, but instead stay in the "DnD" mode. If I manually switch the extensions to "away" everything works, but manually doing this for both extensions twice a day is a little annoying, and defeats the purpose.

Both extensions are configured similar.

A call comes in, gets routed to the dummy extension.
    Business hours are set between 8am-6pm => Forward to RG1
    Away/Break Status is set from 8am-9am => forward to RG2
    DnD is from 6pm-8am => Forward to VM

Between the hours of 8am and 9am, the extension is still set in DnD instead of being in Break/Away.

Again, this was working until from what I can tell 15.5.

Attached is a copy of the TZ/OH settings. I adjusted Wednesday to do some testing, and it still switched to DnD instead of Away.

Thoughts?

Attached Files:

2. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @DARSFoG

Does the extension auto switch when in office hours to available?
    Is the issue only present when it need to switch to Away but instead it switches to DND?
    Just tried to replicate the issue but my extension switches to Away during break times.
    Is the time of the server correct?

3. DARSFoG

Yes, it does auto-switch to available while in office hours (except when in break time)
    Yes the time on the server is correct.

4. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

I have sent you a p.m

5. reterex

Hello,
    I am also having the same issue, running 15.5 on Debian, TZ is correct. I have tried configuring specific hours and break times in extension settings, etc. This is happening on my NFR license and a customers 15.5 Debian installation also. I was trying to configure a dummy extension for an automated lunch break when I noticed this. Thank you.

6. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Guys I have a workaround for you.
    Yes we have a bug - and we will fix it. BUT you can fix this for now with a small change.
    First I will explain what the current bug is

So in one of the cases, the open business hours are set between 8am-6pm
    Away/Break Status is set from 8am-9am
    I need you to NOT LET both 8am. Either go to the working hours and start the business hours from 7:59 am - 6pm or go to the away / Break section and start it from 8:02am instead of 8am.

Can you guys try this and let me know?

I think if I were you, I would not change the per extension settings. If they are global I would hack around by opening the office 1 min earlier. like this I make 1 global office hours change and then when we ship the fix, you go to one place and change it back to 8am.

Deal? Let me know how it goes.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. reterex

I tried globally and at the extension level and neither way worked. Office hours attached for client and NFR. I want to say I got it to go to DND during out of office hours but I cant replicate it now.

Attached Files:

8. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Yes - you might not always replicate this problem - happens after a restore or upgrade. Pressing apply ok or restarting the system service wil work. Anyways - work like this for now. 15.5 SP1 will have a fix in this area.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.