After hours general mailbox

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by mcbsys, Mar 4, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mcbsys

mcbsys New Member

This seems like it should be simple but...

Setup: v15 Pro, 7 extensions, T1 trunk only (no SIP provider), 1 receptionist, no IVR, Yealink T42S phones. Office hours are semi-variable, so they want the receptionist phone to ring four times 24x7 (in case they are working late). During office hours, if no answer, go to receptionist's voicemail. After hours, go to general mailbox. Provide phone buttons to enable/disable office hours.

Let's say receptionist is x100 and dummy General Mailbox is x199. Options I'm considering:
    1. Seems the simplest thing would be to have both x100 and x199 registered from the receptionist phone. Can I auto-provision two extensions on one phone, or would I have to manually re-add x199 every time the phone gets provisioned?
    2. Configure a ring group with x100 only. After hours, ring that ring group, then if no answer, route directly to the voicemail box of x199. Deliver voicemail via email. I guess one advantage to this is they might decide all phones should ring after hours; then I'd just have to add them to the ring group.
    Any other suggestions?

Thanks,

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. jbryant84

jbryant84 New Member

I'm not aware of a phone that will auto provision more than one extension. Its pretty easy to manually register multiple extensions on some phones (yealink) but BLFs can be miserable to manually configure.

Not sure if you're aware, but you can check another extension's voicemail from any phone. When the system prompts for pin number press # instead and it will prompt for extension number. Most of the time I don't have a general mailbox extension provisioned to a phone, Its used for voicemail only.

3. mcbsys

mcbsys New Member

Thanks jbryant84. I was thinking I could put 999#199 as a speed dial. But it would be nicer to have the extension provisioned so the MWI would work when there is a message in the general mailbox.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. pact

pact New Member

Voicemail to Email is not an option?

We do this with plenty of clients, but just have the VoiceMail x199 extension send an email to the reception mailbox.

5. mcbsys

mcbsys New Member

Yes, I'm setting up voicemail-to-email. However my understanding at this office is that a couple people share receptionist duties. I guess I could ask them to set up a group email, but a blinking light on a phone would be a more obvious way to let whoever is on duty know that a message is waiting.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.