After Hours redirect

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by infused, Oct 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. infused

Hi guys,

For after hours calls, I was hoping to use a digital receptionist to play a menu. The menu would only have one option. Press one to be put through to the after hours technician. When the DR timeout, it would just go to voicemail.

However, I don't see it is possible to redirect to an external number from a DR... How do I go about doing this?

2. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

Direct to a phantom extension (a created extension, but one with no phone or intention to staff........essentially an unregistered extension) whose routing then directs where desired.

3. ian.watts

ian.watts Active Member

That's how we do it. The extension is "On Call".. and we route to the rotation from there. We might start using Google Voice, though. Using v12, we have no MyPhone website to change the number easily. I have to register that extension on my soft phone, acivate that extension, change the number (when I rotate off..), and activate "my" extension again.

GV would restore the "website" interface option for us.. sad that we have to look at external content.. but whatever tool works best.

4. infused

Yeah... I was thinking of doing that... but it's annoying, and troublesome for staff to change it when other staff need to be put on call.

Guess we will have to go down that track though. It's funny that DR seems to be the only type of group that cannot forward to an external number. Any idea why?

5. lneblett

well, if the external number is going to change, then someone, somewhere has to change it were it to be at the dr level or at the extension. however, at the extension level you change the rule using the 3cx client and giving those who need to change it the pin for the extension rather than the password for the system.

6. lneblett

well, if the external number is going to change, then someone, somewhere has to change it were it to be at the dr level or at the extension. however, at the extension level you change the rule using the 3cx client and giving those who need to change it the pin for the extension rather than the password for the system.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.