• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

After update of 3CX V15.5 Update 2 Final Release - PLIVO SIP is not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cassel

Customer
Reaction score
Hi,

I have all my phone numbers working with plivo that provide the SIP endpoint and trunking.

For the outbound calls, all is working fine. But after the update, the SIP stop receiving the calls without any reason.

I worked with our provider and everything looks normal. We roll back the backup from a version from September and everything went back to normal.

Could anyone help on this matter? what it could be that SIP from Plivo is different than another provider.

PS: Everything was working on the previous version without the latest update.

Thank you all.

Hello @Cassel

Since Plivo is not in the list of our supported providers then we really can't know what might be affected by the latest update. This is why it is always recommended that you use a supported provider that is tested against new versions are releases.
First thing to check is the activity log. Do you get any error messages there? Do calls even reach your PBX?

I totally understand that it was not tested with 3cx latest version, but for almost a year since we moved to 3cx everything was working fine until the latest update.

The issue is that we have 18 DID numbers on our call center from more than 5 countries, and it is very complex and expensive to move everything to another provider. The price we have today it is very cheap, I never found anything like what they have.

It would be very interesting to have them working with 3cx. I rolled back to a version that was working in a backup we did in september and it is working fine.

CJ, thank you for your help trying to help me to resolve the issue.

It would be great if someone else comeup with an idea that would work.

Thank you in advance,

I think I am seeing the same issue right now with another provider. Did you find that refreshing your registration made it work temporarily?

Did you make any headway into finding the cause?

I think I am seeing the same issue right now with another provider. Did you find that refreshing your registration made it work temporarily?

Did you make any headway into finding the cause?

Before the latest update, it was just refreshing the registration, and it would work perfectly well, but after the update, it doesn't work at all. The only thing that it is working it is the outbound using trunk sip for outbound calls.

I will keep researching if I find anything I will update here. If somebody finds a solution and share here, I will be pleased.

Thank you all.

Cassel

Ok, so with the help of a third party contractor we were able to get this fixed.

With the new SP2 update apparently they increased the registration time to 10 min, but with one of our sip providers that was too long and it was timing out. We have temporarily shortened it to 60 seconds and it is now working, and plan to slowly increase that number.

Ok, so with the help of a third party contractor we were able to get this fixed.

With the new SP2 update apparently they increased the registration time to 10 min, but with one of our sip providers that was too long and it was timing out. We have temporarily shortened it to 60 seconds and it is now working, and plan to slowly increase that number.

How do I change that on 3cx?

Thank you in advance,

I am guessing you are using the generic template for registering your provider. The re-registration value has not changed from the previous versions of PBX as it was always set to 600 seconds so i do not think this is the issue. Furthermore that value will be sent to the provider as the re-registration value but it is actually the provider that dictates the re-registration time in the 200 OK message. Since the PBX is the client in the registration scenario it will re-register to the provider it the time specified by the provider and will keep registering based on that registration timer of the provider. I believe that you are actually loosing registration to the provider and the lower value just helps re-register quicker so the issue does not become noticeable.

How do I change that on 3cx?

Edit your trunk and navigate to Options. Under the Advanced section you will find the value for Re-Register Timeout. This value is only used when the provider is registered based.

Are there any plans to officially support Plivo?

Are there any plans to officially support Plivo?

Providers need to apply to be supported by 3CX. If Plivo wants to be listed as a supported provider by 3CX they need to apply for an interopt test. More details here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sd24mi
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.