After WIN-UPDATES my VoIP provider is working!

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Tugi2o, Jan 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tugi2o

Hi,

since last year in july my voip provider didn't work with 3cx. The voip lines could not be registered.
    In october, windows made some updates (windowsupdates) - since then 3cx didn't work. Before october there were no problems.

But now, after the latest windows updates it is working again - i never changed anything on the settings of 3cx and the server!!!

So how could that be? does anyone have an idea???
    My voip provider says, that they didn't have changed anything at the configuration. Not in july and not now.

AND: X-Lite freeware had during all the time no problems - also not after updates.

I don't understand the connection of windows update and 3cx...
    So i fear that it won't work in a few days/weeks/months after the next update?!?
    Cause of this problem, we didn't update to version 7. We are using still the latest Version 6.

Any ideas???

2. William400

William400 Well-Known Member

Hi

Do you have a list of the updates installed that broke the VOIP provider registration?

Likewise which were the updates that cured the issue?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Tugi2o

Hi,

my VoIP provider was working until ~18.07.2008.

After the latest updates (i think on 14.01.2009, 16.12.2008 is possible too) my VoIP provider is working again...

[​IMG]

So i cannot say, if it has to do something with the updates...but i didn't change anything at the config / 3CX Phone System. I don't understand...

4. William400

William400 Well-Known Member

Hi

Will check it out in test labs and see what if any are missing and will advise if we come across the same / similar behavior.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Tugi2o

Hi,

since today morning, (i installed NO Updates), something must be changed at my VoIP Provider....now i can register the VoIP Lines...but i cannot make calls, i get an error:
    Call(98): Call to sip:0176XXXXXXX@07021.sip.arcor.de:5060 has failed; Cause: 403 Forbidden; from IP:212.144.96.XXX:5060

So i think, that it was pure chance, that there were Windows Updates when it worked again.
    Now i'm sure, that my VoIP Provider changed something again :( but they don't tell me what ...

So you don't have to check it out...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.