Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Agent Call Queue Auto Log-on/off

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Dakota-RADCOMP, Mar 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dakota-RADCOMP

Is there a way to automatically log extensions into and out of the call queue based on a schedule?

There is no real documentation on this matter, closest thing I've found is a single sentence on the 3CX blog that reads: "You can also configure to be logged in to queues automatically during office hours by going to the Forwarding rules > Out Of Office tab."

There is no clear option to achieve this. It would be nice if something actually said, "Log in time:" "Log out time:" but I guess one can't have everything tailored exactly to their own wants.

We have set it to auto switch profiles (And status, but that doesn't do anything) under one of the individual extensions and will test it after closing tonight (5:00pm -8UTC) but that's a pretty vague option and I'm not sure it will work.
    ---------

The goal is to log in automatically specific extensions to the queue, and have them logged out at the end of the day. If this has to be done globally that's fine, but would be nice if you could specify hours for each extension. I'm new to this phone system so sorry if I sound so misinformed, it's because I am. :) Any help would be much appreciated.

2. albertc

Yes, go to the extension you want to change the setting. Under "Office Hours". You can specify the "office hours" for that extension and check the auto switch queue status .

3. Dakota-RADCOMP

I will give that a try, will test it in half an hour when we close. From my experience switching 'status' only sets you to 'Away' or other statuses, but it doesn't actually log you out of the queue.

4. albertc

With "Automatically Switch Queue Login Status" enabled. 3CX will log user in during business hour and log user out outside business hour.

5. Dakota-RADCOMP

Thank you for the quick reply by the way, only ten more minutes til we see the results!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.