Agent name announcement when answering in a queue

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by Andrea Ancarani - CONESYS, Jul 14, 2017.

1. Andrea Ancarani - CONESYS

As many call centers already do,
    some clients are requesting to introduce the Agent name and site (where he's answering from) just before the call is picked up by the agent of the queue.

2. eddv123

eddv123 Active Member

Not as standard no. But I too have been requested this feature several times by customers.

That being said I believe that details of the queue "can" be forwarded to the desktop by manipulating the SIP INVITE message through 3CX.

You would need the assistance of a development partner to do this (unless you have extensive knowledge of the Call Flow Designer and the ability to develop this sort of thing yourself in-house):

https://www.3cx.com/partners/application-partners/
    http://www.insperix.com/

3. voiptoys

voiptoys Member

Enlighten me, because I don't see how a CFD application helps in this regard. A CFD is not going to be able to know which agent is going to answer a queue call, and therefore cannot be placed in front of a queue. A CFD extension cannot be a participant of a queue and therefore can't answer a queue call, so I'm at a loss as to how you are proposing to use a CFD application to solve this request. There really isn't a way to do this that I can think of. Well, I suppose you could perform a barge (using a service and the Call Control API) that plays the message, once the agent answers the call. But the agent would have to wait for the barge to complete before speaking...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. eddv123

eddv123 Active Member

So since you asked I have dug through my emails (from quite some time ago) and managed to find the response I had from one of the development partners to confirm how they said they can do this.

So actual call-flow is not that big of a deal here, but what I was told that this could be developed as a desktop app that can pop when a call rings but notification to the desk/soft phone, the details of the queue would be forwarded to the desktop by manipulating the SIP INVITE message through 3CX (as I said above).

5. voiptoys

voiptoys Member

I suspect what you are talking about is changing the caller ID information? That's the only thing I can think they might be suggesting by manipulating the SIP INVITE. Caller ID information would not apply to an inbound call to a queue. But I've been assuming they want to add an announcement (audio) of the person's name and where within the organization (sales department for example). Perhaps I've misunderstood what is needed.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. eddv123

eddv123 Active Member

It would involve a custom CTI Server linked to separate small thick client apps. These would contain an API that monitors call events and/or a ringing event or connection that would display the Queue ID and Name.