Alactel IP Touch 4018

Discussion in 'Windows' started by robson828, Feb 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. robson828

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

It doesn't say (that I could find) that it is SIP compliant. Unless you can otherwise confirm, I would have to assume that it is proprietary, and meant to be used with their PBX's exclusively.

3. robson828

Hi,

Thanks for the quick reply,

I think I have found somthing after a bit of searching,

I was looking at their austraila site so after looking at their .com site I managed to find a manual that shows how to connect to SIP, would this then work with 3Cx?

http://enterprise.alcatel-lucent.com/docs/?id=17266

Rob

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

If you had the phones sitting around, then I'd say go for it. You wouldn't have anything to loose but your time. But, these sets are not supported by 3CX, which means that it may be hard to find any support to get some (all?) features working. These sets also require that you download a file with the settings. If you are going to spend money on a phone there are a number that are supported and will be a lot less trouble in (maybe) getting to work properly.

5. robson828

I see what you mean, I will probably go for ones supported by 3CX as you suggested then at least I know they are going to work.

Thanks again for your advise, its appreciated as this is a 3CX is a new area of networking for me.

Rob

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.